Utah Fall 2021
- Oct 23, 2021
- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
University of Utah Union Building
- 200 S, Central Campus Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Organization team
- Calvin Nielson and Matthew Spackman
- WCA Delegates
- Calvin Nielson and Chris Martin
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Registration has closed and the waitlist is now full.
Competitors are advised to bring their own pens.
Most competitors will be expected to judge.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- If you register and later realize you cannot make the event, you can request a 75% refund before registration closes.
- After registration closes, no refunds will be awarded.
- Competitors may request (by email) to be added to more events BEFORE 6 PM Mountain Time on October 15th, 2021.
- Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
- Competitors may request (by email) to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist will receive a full refund shortly before the event.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after registration closes at 6 PM Mountain Time on October 15th, 2021.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 18 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 18 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:10.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 18 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 18 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue University of Utah Union Building.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Denver.
Schedule for Saturday (October 23, 2021)
Competitors are encouraged to bring their own pens to this competition. We will supply pens for competitors who do not supply their own.
In contrast to competitions held before March 2020, we will do the entire competition "stationary". What this means is that each competitor will do their entire attempts in a row at a single station for a round without leaving their seat.
Instead of dropping your cube off at a "cube drop off table", competitors will find the station with their scorecard (labeled on their lanyard) and place their cube in the cube cover with their scorecard.
When you are done with all of your solves, you will be able to leave the station with your cube. Make sure you have signed all of your solves.
We will have a comprehensive competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day that we encourage all competitors to attend. Seasoned competitors will find some things different as per our Risk Management Plan.
We would normally recommend watching this video if you are new to competitions. We still recommend watching it, but our competition will be ran differently in accordance with the Competition Safety Policy and our Risk Management Plan.
There will be no competitor waiting area.
Competitors will be asked to judge throughout the course of the competition. Because of this, we ask that all competitors familiarize themselves with this tab.
Competitors with an internet-enabled device will be asked to use cubing.net's WCA inspection tool. Stopwatches will be provided to competitors who are unable to or wish not to use cubing.net's WCA inspection tool.
We will have a comprehensive judging tutorial during our competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day that we encourage all competitors to attend. Seasoned competitors will find some things different as per our Risk Management Plan.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.