The WCA Software Team is seeking new members! The WST plays a central role in the WCA by developing, scaling, and maintaining the software solutions that help the organization handle the continuous community growth.
Some examples of such software solutions are:
- The WCA website, that you are probably browsing on a regular basis.
- TNoodle, the scrambles library and its frontend, used by all Delegates during competitions.
- WCA Live, which is the main platform for score taking and getting live results during competitions.
All WST projects are open source and hosted on the organization's GitHub.
While anyone is encouraged to apply, we are also looking for some specific roles - and if you fit these requirements, please let us know in your application:
- Project Manager: Manage tasks and issues along with priorities on Github as well as managing any software needs from WCA teams/committees and keep them up to date.
- Client Side Developer: Work on the user-facing parts of the WCA Website including working on the ongoing project of porting parts of the site to React. Enhance user experience and satisfaction.
- Developer Operations: Work on deployment strategies (our platform runs on AWS) and address any issues/improvements to be made.