The WCA Ethics Committee (WEC) is seeking new members to help them with their mission! The applications are open to everyone; it’s not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
What does the WEC do?
- Maintaining and updating the Code of Ethics.
- Ensures that all procedures followed by WCA Staff abide by the Code of Ethics.
- Performs independent investigations if any WCA Staff member is not compliant with said Code of Ethics.
- Confidant for Registered Speedcubers that request investigations.
- Functions as the board of appeal if any involved party disagrees with a decision made by the WCA Disciplinary Committee.
The official rights and duties of the WEC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2022.4..