Spokane Summer 2021
- Aug 28, 2021
- Spokane, Washington, United States
Spokane First Church of the Nazarene
- 9004 N COUNTRY HOMES BLVD SPOKANE, WA 99218
We will be in the gymnasium (Family Life Center)
- Organization team
- Chris Tabar
- WCA Delegates
- Caleb Hoover and Matthew Dickman
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is recognized as an official World Cube Association competition. Therefore, all competitors must be familiar with the WCA regulations. Please refer to the Competitor Responsibilities tab.
For more information about cubing in the Pacific Northwest, check out the PNW website!
Please be aware of Covid-19 precautions and read this tab before registering.
Competitors are limited to only 1 guest due to our covid-19 precauctions.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 60 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
Guests will only be limited to 1 due to our Covid-19 restrictions.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 30 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Spokane First Church of the Nazarene.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Los_Angeles.
Schedule for Saturday (August 28, 2021)
Due to ongoing circumstances, the organizing team is enforcing restrictions during the competition:
- Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
- Masks are required only for those who are not fully vaccinated as per the state requirement.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. you should not attend this competition.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, you should not attend.
- Attendees should maintain a minimum of 3ft from others whenever possible.
- The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
For general competing and staffing, these are the changes that will impact the running of the competition.
- Competitors are strongly encouraged to bring their own pen for the duration of the competition.
- When not competing, competitors and spectators should attempt to socially distance whenever possible by keeping 3 feet away from others. We also encourage you to not share puzzles with other competitors.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfection wipes will be widely avaliable for use at the competitor's pleasure. Organizers will encourage throughout the day to utilize these items.
- The competition will be using a fixed seating system, rather than a standard waiting area. This means when you compete, you will complete all of your attempts in one sitting with the same judge. instead of being called to a different station for each attempt.
- You will submit your cube at your station, rather than at a designated table.
- After every attempt, rather than the judge putting the puzzle in the cover, the competitor is asked to put the cube into the cover at the end of the attempt. The judge will only put in the scorecard.
- After you finish competing, you or your judge will disinfect the station with a disinfection wipe.
- Officials and staff will be following special procedures to continue to lower chance of transmission of COVID-19, such as utilizing sanitizer frequently and distancing.
- You may find our full mitigation procedures using our Risk Management Plan.
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
FOR FIRST-TIME COMPETITORS:
There are multiple things a first-timer must know before competing. All newcomers must be familiar with the WCA Regulations before competing. There is a video HERE for the basic overview of the rules.
In addition, please read this document before coming to the competition to learn about the procedures for judging and competing:
When you arrive, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event. In addition, you will also receive staffing assignments. All competitors are expected to help at this competition. For each event you sign up for, you will be assigned to help out for just one group of that event. If you do not arrive to help during your scheduled event, and there are not enough staff members, we reserve the right to disqualify you from competing.
We will provide a judging tutorial right before the start of the 3x3x3 speedsolve event. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help. We hope that this system will fairly divide up the judging of the competition and make the competition run smoothly for all.
WCA competitions are operating under regulations enacted on 5/1 to address safety concerns regarding COVID as well as new permanent regulations for competitions. All competitors are required to read the "COVID-19 Safety" tab for more information as well as be familiar with the regulations listed below:
1) The competitor must have no physical contact with the puzzle cover while starting the attempt on Blindfolded events.
2) Require the competitor to finish signing (not just for the judge to finish signing) before the competitor may reset the timer.
You can find a full summary of the new regulations here.
1) Competitors are requested to bring their own pens.
2) There will be fixed seating for all events, with no competitor waiting area. Competitors will perform all solves for a particular round at the same station and remain there between solves.
3) Competitors should refrain from touching the surface of the solving station when they are not in the process of an official attempt.
4) Judges should refrain from touching the puzzle at all times.
5) Judges will ask the competitor to prepare the timer for each attempt (turning on/off, resetting as necessary).
6) After finishing an attempt, if there are more attempts to be done, the competitor must place the puzzle inside the cover.
You can find the rest of the temporary regulations here.
If the competitior limit has been reached, any registrations made after that fulfill the registration requirements will be added to the waitlist below:
If you have paid the registration fee, your name should be added to the list above. As competitors drop their registrations, we will accept people from the waitlist on a first-come first-serve basis.
This waiting list is not automatic, so it will be updated manually. If you just registered, paid your fee, and don't see your name on the waitlist yet, please do not contact us immediately. This will be updated every few days manually.
There are a number of hotels within 10 minutes driving distance. These include, but aren't limited to:
Quality Inn Oakwood (https://www.guestreservations.com/quality-inn-oakwood-spokane/booking)
Apple Tree Inn (https://www.guestreservations.com/apple-tree-inn/booking)
Best Western Plus Spokane North (https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-spokane/best-western-plus-spokane-north/propertyCode.48192.html)
There are also numerous hotels in downtown Spokane (approximately 15-18 minute drive from our venue).
From I-90 in either direction, take the Maple Street exit and head north approx. 5.5 miles. Continue on Maple Street as it crosses Francis Ave and becomes Country Homes Blvd. Continue another 1 mile and turn right into the parking lot for Spokane First Church of the Nazarene (it'll be on your right).
VENUE & PARKING
Park in the large lot on the southwest corner of the church. The main entrance is also on the west/southwest corner.
This competition will be sponsored by TheCubicle!
They will be providing gift-card prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in every event.
If you haven't checked out their store already, we highly recommend you do! They will not be selling puzzles onsite.
To be redirected to their site, either click HERE or the logo below!
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.