Mini Minnesota Spring 2022
- Mar 26 - 27, 2022
- New Brighton, Minnesota, United States
New Brighton Community Center
- 400 10th St NW, New Brighton, MN 55112
Community Room A
- Organization team
- Walker Welch
- WCA Delegates
- Carter Kucala, James Quinn, and Walker Welch
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition WILL NOT have the normal 3x3x3 Speedsolving Event. If you are looking for a competition with that event, please join the "Minnesota Cubing Community" Facebook page to get announcements on new competitions in Minnesota and the surrounding area.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 40 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Kaius Young won with an average of 5.77 seconds in the Clock event. Caleb Trelford finished second (5.96) and Joshua Feran finished third (6.64).
North American records: Caleb Trelford Clock 4.52 (average).
|5x5x5 Cube||Carter Bitz||52.71||58.27||United States||59.99||52.71||1:02.90||56.72||58.11|
|7x7x7 Cube||Walker Welch||2:44.55||2:54.92||United States||2:59.06||3:01.15||2:44.55|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Cale Schoon||21||22.67||United States||21||24||23|
|Clock||Kaius Young||4.35||5.77||United States||6.20||4.35||DNF||4.84||6.28|
|Megaminx||Tyler Robinson||40.66||47.62||United States||50.69||56.46||40.66||42.82||49.36|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Thomas Reinke||14:52.00||DNF||United States||DNF||DNF||14:52.00|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Cale Schoon||26/30 1:00:00||United States||DNF||26/30 1:00:00|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||First round||Mo3||1 hour||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:00:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo2||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue New Brighton Community Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (March 26, 2022)
Schedule for Sunday (March 27, 2022)
By registering for this competition, you agree that you understand all the information presented in this tab, will abide by all the COVID-19 restrictions placed on this competition, and acknowledge the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other disease in attending an event of this scale.
Venue entrance policy:
- Competitors may bring at most one guest. This will be checked at the entrance of the competition.
- All attendees (competitors + guests) must show valid proof of at least one of the following two requirements to be allowed in the venue:
1) They are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To clarify, an individual is only considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or their only dose of a single-dose vaccine (J&J) more than two weeks before the competition. Any dose received after Saturday, March 12th, 2022 is insufficient for entrance to the competition.
2) They tested negative for COVID-19 within 96 hours (4 days) of the competition. The date when the test is conducted is what matters, not the date when the results are received. Any test conducted earlier than Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022 is insufficient for entrance to the competition. At home tests are NOT sufficient for entrance.
Other COVID-19 related rules:
- Masks are mandatory and will be available if needed; hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will also be available at the venue.
- Attendees should maintain a minimum of 3ft from others whenever possible.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. do not attend this competition.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, do not attend.
- The competition may be cancelled if the COVID-19 situation in Minnesota and/or the US gets worse.
Note: The COVID safety restrictions may change if cases increase or decrease in Minnesota and/or the US.
Groups can be found here at this link.
Live results will be available at this link during the event:
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.