Inland Empire Summer 2022
- Jul 30, 2022
- Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
North Summit Church
- 201 N. Division Ave, Sandpoint, ID, 83864, USA
Sanctuary and fellowship hall in the south (smaller) building
- Organization team
- Coleman Vaughn
- WCA Delegates
- Benjamin Gottschalk, Cailyn Hoover, Calvin Nielson, and Chris Tabar
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is recognized as an official World Cube Association competition. Therefore, all competitors must be familiar with the WCA regulations. Please refer to the Competitor Responsibilities tab.
For more information about cubing in the Pacific Northwest, check out the PNW website!
Please be aware of Covid-19 precautions and read this tab before registering.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 60 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Jeremy Bulambot won with an average of 9.64 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Benjamin Gottschalk finished second (9.77) and Luke Rasor finished third (10.47).
|3x3x3 Cube||Jeremy Bulambot||7.24||9.64||United States||10.46||7.24||9.17||9.28||11.98|
|5x5x5 Cube||Benjamin Gottschalk||1:09.87||1:14.14||United States||1:18.81||1:20.08||1:09.87||1:12.80||1:10.82|
|Clock||Benjamin Gottschalk||7.53||9.56||United States||10.82||8.80||10.16||9.72||7.53|
|Pyraminx||Benjamin Gottschalk||3.95||5.77||United States||6.49||4.69||6.14||3.95||6.84|
|Square-1||Benjamin Gottschalk||6.87||7.44||United States||7.92||6.87||7.15||7.90||7.26|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 30 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:45.00|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue North Summit Church.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Los_Angeles.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (July 30, 2022)
The state of Idaho has no mask mandates or requirements. However:
- Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. you should not attend this competition.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, you should not attend.
- Attendees should attempt to socially distance from others whenever possible.
- The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
For general competing and staffing, these are the changes that will impact the running of the competition.
- When not competing, competitors and spectators should attempt to socially distance whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfection wipes will be widely avaliable for use at the competitor's pleasure. Organizers will encourage throughout the day to utilize these items.
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
FOR FIRST-TIME COMPETITORS:
There are multiple things a first-timer must know before competing. All newcomers must be familiar with the WCA Regulations before competing. There is a video HERE for the basic overview of the rules.
In addition, please read this document before coming to the competition to learn about the procedures for judging and competing:
When you arrive, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event. In addition, you will also receive staffing assignments. All competitors are expected to help at this competition. For each event you sign up for, you will be assigned to help out for just one group of that event. If you do not arrive to help during your scheduled event, and there are not enough staff members, we reserve the right to disqualify you from competing.
We will provide a judging tutorial right before the start of the first event. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help. We hope that this system will fairly divide up the judging of the competition and make the competition run smoothly for all.
This is a condensed summary of the new regulations enacted in the past year.
1) The competitor must have no physical contact with the puzzle cover while starting the attempt on Blindfolded events.
2) Require the competitor to finish signing (not just for the judge to finish signing) before the competitor may reset the timer.
3) This competition will be using gen 5 timers.
4) Puzzles are allowed to have transparent parts as long as they do not provide additional information.
5) Competitors are strongly recommended to turn off notifications and calls.
You can find a full summary of the new regulations here and here
If the competitior limit has been reached, any registrations made after that fulfill the registration requirements will be added to the waitlist linked below:
If you have paid the registration fee, your name should be added to the list above. As competitors drop their registrations, we will accept people from the waitlist on a first-come first-serve basis.
This waiting list is not automatic, so it will be updated manually. If you just registered, paid your fee, and don't see your name on the waitlist yet, please do not contact us immediately. This will be updated every few days manually.
Best Western Edgewater Resort
Cedar Street Hotel & Suites
Ponderay (About 5 minutes away):
Best Western Plus Ponderay Mountain Lodge
FairBridge Inn & Suites
There is another hotel in Sandpoint called Dynamic by HOTEL INN. It is has a bad local reputation. Also, FairBridge Inn & Suites has some bad reviews by local people for having bedbugs. It is STRONGLY recommended not to book at either of these hotels.
VENUE & PARKING
Closest parking is in the side lot. The main entrance is in the southeast corner of the smaller building. There will be signage.
This competition will be sponsored by TheCubicle!
They will be providing gift-card prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in every event.
If you haven't checked out their store already, we highly recommend you do! They will not be selling puzzles onsite.
To be redirected to their site, either click HERE or the logo below!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.