Idaho Summer A 2021
- Jul 16, 2021
- Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
- 480 Park Ave, Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- Organization team
- Joseph Sale and Rustin Haderlie
- WCA Delegates
- Bradley Sampson and Calvin Nielson
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Competitors may have at most one spectator/guest attend with them. Please do not attend if you have any symptoms of COVID-19
Competitors are encouraged to bring their own pens.
Please make sure you are familiar with all of the WCA regulations. There will be a competitor tutorial at 9:00 AM on Friday.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 50 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
Below are some of the policies that will be used for this competition.
* Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
* If you register and later realize you cannot make the event, you can request a 75% refund before registration closes.
* After registration closes, no refunds will be awarded.
* Competitors may request (by email) to be added to more events BEFORE registration closes.
* Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
* Competitors may request (by email) to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
* If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
* Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist will receive a full refund shortly before the event.
* No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after registration closes at 11:59 PM Mountain Time on July 9th, 2021.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Downtown Event Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Boise.
Schedule for Friday (July 16, 2021)
Competitors are encouraged to bring their own pens to this competition. Pens will be supplied for anyone who does not bring one.
All competing will be done, "stationary". This means that there will not be a competitor waiting area. At each competing station, there will be one competitor and one judge until the group is finished.
Rather than dropping off your cube at a "cube drop off table", competitors will go to the station with their scorecard, (labeled on their lanyard) and place their cube, and scorecard in the cube cover at their station.
After you have finished all of your solves(and signed for them!), you will be able to leave the station with your cube.
At 9:00 AM, before the first round of 3x3 starts, there will be a competitor tutorial. All competitors are encourage to attend reguardless of whether or not they have previously competed, as some things are different as per our Risk Management Plan.
New competitors are encouraged to watch this video, although some aspects of our competition will be run differently in accordance with the WCA Competition Safety Policy, and our Risk Management Plan.
Competitors will be asked to be a judge and/or runner throught the course of the competition. We reccomend competitors become familiar with this tab.
Competitors with an internet-enabled device will be asked to use cubing.net's WCA inspection tool. Stopwatches will still be provided by the organization team for those who are unable to or wish not to use this tool.
We will have a comprehensive judging/ running tutorial during our competitor tutorial at 9:00 AM before 3x3 round 1 starts. Seasoned competitors will find some things different as per our Risk Management Plan.
Idaho Summer A 2021 (Friday, July 16, 2021) and Idaho Summer B 2021 (Saturday, July 17, 2021) are "Twin Competitions". This means that competitors may only compete in one of the two. If you have already registered for Idaho Summer B 2021, your registraion for Idaho Summer A 2021 will be rejected.
This allows twice as many people to compete while maintaining social distancing in the venue.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.