Happy Valley Fall 2022
- Dec 3, 2022
- State College, Pennsylvania, United States
- HUB-Robeson Center University Park, PA 16802
- Organization team
- Adam Vetser and Graham Lively
- WCA Delegates
- Keaton Ellis and Stephen Griggs
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
PSU students must leave their nine digit PSU ID number as well as their PSU email as a comment on their registration to qualify for the discounted registration fee of $10.
Competitors may bring at most two guests. No external spectators are allowed, only those coming with a confirmed competitor will be allowed in the venue.
In accordance with University policy all competitors 17 years of age and younger MUST have their legal guardian accompanying them to this competition.
All attendees (competitors + guests) must show valid proof that they tested negative for COVID-19 within 96 hours (4 days) of the competition to be allowed inside the venue OR that they are fully vaccinated. To prove vaccination, please bring your vaccine card or a digital copy of one. The date when the test is conducted is what matters, not the date when the results are received. Any test conducted earlier than Tuesday, November 29th is insufficient for entrance to the competition. To prove your test, please bring a picture with a timestamp within the 96 hour window.
- Competitors may bring at most two guests.
- Masks are OPTIONAL for this competition.
- The organizing team strongly recommends receiving a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. do not attend this competition.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, do not attend.
- By registering for this competition, you agree that you understand all the information presented in this tab, will abide by all the COVID-19 restrictions placed on this competition, and acknowledge the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other disease in attending an event of this scale.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 66% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
On the spot registrations will be accepted with a base registration fee of $15 (United States Dollar).
Spectators can attend paying an entry fee of $15 (United States Dollar).
The organizational team a discounted price of $10 to PSU students. To qualify, you must leave your nine digit PSU ID as well as your PSU email as a comment on your registration.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 80 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:10.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:10.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||7:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:30.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue HUB-Robeson Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Schedule for Saturday (December 03, 2022)
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING
For First-Time Competitors
In addition, please read this document before coming to the competition.
For All Competitors
When you arrive, you will receive a card with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event. In addition, you will also have judging/scrambling assignments on your card. Every competitor is expected to help out during the event(s) they are registered for. The card will look like the following:
If you do not arrive to help during your scheduled event, and there are not enough staff members, we reserve the right to disqualify you from competing.
201 Old Main
University Park, PA 16802
Driving: The HUB-Robeson Center is located right in the heart of the Penn State Campus.
Plane: The closest airport is the University Park Airport (SCE). It is a 10 minute drive away by car.
* The State College Megabus stop is located just up the road at the Walmart on Atherton Street. (About a 5 minute drive away from the venue) See here for more information.
* The State College Greyhound station is located a little closer to the venue. (About a 4 minute drive or a 15 minute walk). See here for more information.
Parking: There are many parking options nearby. The recommended place to park is the HUB Parking Deck. See here for more information.
Hotels: There are several hotels nearby on Beaver Ave and Atherton Street.
Lunch/Dinner: A Starbucks will be open in the HUB for lunch. There are additional lunch venues about a 10 minute walk downtown.
Groups will be posted the week before the competition and sent via email as well.
Live results can be found on WCA Live
The sponsor for this competition will be TheCubicle!
They will be providing prizes for this competition. Please use the link above to support them!
The winner of 3x3 will receive $35. The second place prize will be $25 and third place will be $15. All other events will be $10, $7, and $5 for each place respectively.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.