FSUbers 4.0 2023
- Apr 29, 2023
- Tallahassee, Florida, United States
- 212 Student Services Building, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32304
2nd Floor, enter door facing the red brick road and walk up the stairwell straight inside.
- Nancy Hartman and Sean Hartman
- WCA Delegates
- Carter Bitz, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, and Nathan Graves
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Due to available space, each competitor can only have one guest. There are a lot of areas to explore around campus to explore for other guests. Please let us know of any concerns or special circumstances, we may or may not be able to accomodate them.
Please don't bring a guest unless you noted so in your registration. Let us know if you are bringing a guest if you didn't note so in your registration so we can add that.
-Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
-Please review the COVID-19 for information regarding the steps taken to increase competitor safety at this competition.
-Please review the Florida/Southeast Cubing tab for how to keep up with future competitions that are announced.
-Please review all other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration will be open from to .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If 100 competitiors are signed up, and you don't see your name as one of them under competitors, then you are on the waiting list.
If you are first/next on the waiting list and someone cancels their registration then your registration will be confirmed. Please, let us know as soon as possible if you are not able to attend to allow another competitor to attend. After the competition all competitors on the waitlist will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax (90%).
Once registration closes we may add additional round(s) of events as time may permit in the schedule or change the number of competitors to advance to the next round.
- Please make sure your email associated with your WCA account is one that you regularly check as you will need to see any emails the organization team may send out.
- To register for this competition, you must pay in full in advance through Stripe. Your registration is not complete until you pay.
- If you are having payment problems, please contact the organizers for an alternative payment method.
- To cancel your registration, please email the organizers with your name telling them you want to cancel your registration. You will recieve a 90% refund if you let us know before registration closes. If you are having trouble paying on the website or any other registration problems, please use the contact button to talk to us.
- If the competition reaches its competitor limit and when registration closes, no additional registrations will be accepted. No exceptions.
- Be aware, competitions are filling up very quickly. It is recommended to register as soon as possible once registration opens. If you would like tips on how to register faster, please let us know. You can contact organizers or delegates by clicking on their name on the information page.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue [Florida State University](https://www.campus-maps.com/florida-state-university/ssb-student-services-building/).
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (April 29, 2023)
Florida Cubing Facebook Group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/floridacubing
Competition Email list: https://forms.gle/2r77SYz1gkmUuDpu6.
Cubing Southeast Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/491409969462797
WCA - Southeast, USA Discord server: https://discord.gg/hp7DSmtReb
Reach out to us if you have any questions.
Amount of competitors moving to subsequent rounds may change after registration closes/fills
(Links will be updated closer to the competition)
Group Sheet: [TBA]
Live Results: [TBA]
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for your events
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can, so if you do not arrive to compete by the event is ending your spot may be given up to the next competitor in the rankings.
- Your Delegates for this competition are: Carter Bitz, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, and Nathan Graves. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - If you are in the first group of an event you will then judge the second group, if in the second group you will judge the third group and so on - if you are in the last group you will judge the first group. This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the Competitor & Judges tutorial.*
- You will need to arrive on time to watch the new competitor introduction at 8:45am.
- You can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPL3eV-A0ww
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into live.worldcubeassociation.org. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order with a last call during the last group. Please bring your puzzle up when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Competitors under the Age of 18:
We would appreciate if you fill this out and send a scan or picture to us, or bring it to the competition. We will also have some available at the competition to fill out. There is no actual risks outlined in this waiver, it is required for minors attending events at FSU.
Please contact us if you are interested - you must be able to staff for the duration of the competition.
There are multiple parking garages around campus, the closest one to the venue is the Traditions Way Garage Traditions Way Garage, Tallahassee, FL 32304(https://bit.ly/3qhu4KD).
We will have signs directing you to the venue nearby the parking garage, and here is a video showing how to go from the parking garage to the venue if you are still unable to find it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qsWxS8gXoA.
The Tallahassee International Airport (TLH) is ~6 miles from the venue(although it is an international airport, it actually doesn't fly nonstop to very many places and flights tend to be expensive, but depending on your location there may be decent options).
- At FSU face coverings are encouraged, but not required.
- We will privide hand sanitizer, masks, and disinfecting wipes, available to everyone in attendance.
- We ask that any attendee showing symptons of COVID19 stay home.
The most convenient place is The Den, which is on the first floor of the venue. They are prepared with extra staff for the competition.
The closest alternative options are at 1851 in the bottom floor of Azalea Hall(824 W Jefferson St). There are multiple food options here. There is also the student union nearby(75 N Woodward Avenue), which also has multiple food options.
You can see what is currently open here: https://seminoledining.campusdish.com
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.