Etna Open 2018
- Jan 13 - 14, 2018
- Catania, Italy
- Via Santa Sofia 81, 95123 Catania (CT)
- Etna Open 2018 website
- Cubing Italy and Vincenzo Maria Gammino
- WCA Delegates
- Lorenzo Vigani Poli and Simone Cantarelli
At a certain point we'll send an email to confirm your participation; competitors who don't confirm within the date specified in that email will be deleted.
Remember to check your inbox 2-3 weeks before the competiton.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Lorenzo Mauro won with an average of 10.26 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Tommaso Zoffoli finished second (10.44) and Samuele Cancemi finished third (11.04).
|3x3x3 Cube||Lorenzo Mauro||9.42||10.26||Italy||9.61||11.55||9.63||9.42||12.88|
|2x2x2 Cube||Lorenzo Mauro||1.75||2.71||Italy||2.02||4.22||1.75||2.25||3.85|
|4x4x4 Cube||Lorenzo Mauro||35.51||38.93||Italy||42.06||38.05||36.67||35.51||48.09|
|5x5x5 Cube||Bence Barát||59.87||1:02.87||Hungary||1:03.54||1:02.58||1:02.48||59.87||1:11.55|
|6x6x6 Cube||Bence Barát||1:52.97||2:02.36||Hungary||2:13.23||1:52.97||2:00.87|
|7x7x7 Cube||Bence Barát||2:49.54||2:50.67||Hungary||2:51.14||2:51.33||2:49.54|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Lorenzo Mauro||46.15||DNF||Italy||51.23||DNF||46.15|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Lorenzo Mauro||12.25||15.12||Italy||18.13||17.65||12.25||14.77||12.93|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||6:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:30.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||8:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:30.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||12:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:30.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
Saturday, January 13th
|14:40||15:40||3x3 OH||Combined First||Bo2/Avg5||00:45||02:00|
|18:00||18:45||3x3 BLD||Final||Bo3||12min cum.|
Sunday, January 14th
FROM CATANIA AIRPORT:
take the Alibus line (4 €; ticket can be bought on board) direct to Catania Centro and get off at the Via Etnea stop (in front of Feltrinelli store) -> take the BRT 1 line (1 €; ticket must be previously bought from a smoke shop (Tabaccheria), a newsstand or from the blue vending machines you can find around the city centre) direct to Due Obelischi and get off at the Via Santa Sofia stop -> the CUS, our venue, is few steps from the bus stop.
FROM CATANIA CENTRAL TRAIN STATION (3 options):
1) take the Metro train (1 €), the Metro station being at less than 100 mt from Central Station, direct to Nesima and get off at the Milo stop -> take the Metro Shuttle minibus (you just need a Metro ticket that, at the moment, is still valid for use) and get off at the Cittadella Universitaria Est stop in Via Santa Sofia -> the CUS, our venue, is few steps from the bus stop.
NOTICE: Metro is closed on Sundays
2) take a bus line direct to Via Etnea and get off at the Via Etnea (Bellini) stop -> take the BRT 1 line (1 €; ticket must be previously bought from a smoke shop (Tabaccheria), a newsstand or from the blue vending machines you can find around the city centre) direct to Due Obelischi and get off at the Via Santa Sofia stop -> the CUS, our venue, is few steps from the bus stop.
NOTICE: on Sundays you must take the BRT 1 line from Viale XX Settembre stop, that is 300 mt far from Bellini stop
3) take the 432 bus line (1 €) direct to Città Universitaria and get off at the Via Santa Sofia stop -> the CUS, our venue, is few steps from the bus stop.
NOTICE: the 432 line rides have reduced frequency (a ride every 90 min)
FROM CATANIA PORT:
leave the port and take the 536 bus line (1 €) direct to Canalicchio and get off at the Via Etnea (Bellini) stop -> follow instructions of point 2. above.
NOTICE: rides frequency for 536 line is of 30 min on weekdays and 60 min on holidays
Anyone registering declares to acknowledge the WCA regulations (Italian translation) and accepts them. Registration is limited to 100 competitors.
Registration will close on January 9th.
- Register for the competition on the World Cube Association website;
- Remember to check your email address: an email confirmation of your participation will be sent 2-3 weeks before the event;
- Registration fee has to be paid at the venue.
First-timers: (competitors at their first competition): 8€
Returners (competitors that have already competed): 15€
UNICT students (students with a UNICT badge): 3€
The competition is officially recognized by the World Cube Association, therefore competitors are required to know the WCA regulations (Italian translation).
All the competitors must be available to help during the competition. This means that if required, they'll have to act as judges or scramblers.
During the competition competitors will be divided into groups.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.