Don't DNF Denton 2023
- Dec 16, 2023
- Denton, Texas, United States
- 1155 Union Cir, Denton, TX 76023
Meeting Room 382
- Organization team
- CubingUSA Treasurer, Fletcher Berry, Jeremy Sheng, and Ryan Pilat
- WCA Delegates
- Fletcher Berry and Michael Conard
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This is not a normal competition with common events like 3x3. This competition features blindfolded events, Clock, and FMC. For a more normal competition experience, check out Longhorn Cube Day 2023.
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Please review the Competitor Information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
To learn more about cubing in the Southern USA, including other competitions, visit Southern Cubing.
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 32 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators are only permitted as companions of competitors.
Competitors may bring at most 2 guests.
There will be no refund to no-shows unless cancelled before the deadline Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 6:00 PM CST.
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- If you register and later realize you cannot make the competiton, you can request a 75% refund (via the contact link on the General Info tab before registration closes.
- No refunds will be awarded after Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 6:00 PM CST.
- Competitors may edit their registration to include more events BEFORE registration closes.
- Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
- Competitors may edit their registration to remove events. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist before the deadline (Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 6:00 PM CST) will receive a full refund shortly before the competition.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 6:00 PM CST.
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
If the competitor limit is filled, you may still register and pay the registration fee if you wish, but you will be placed on a waitlist. Your registration will not be accepted unless a spot opens up.
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:15:00.00 total for 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:15:00.00 total for 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue University of North Texas Union.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (December 16, 2023)
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support.
- Your delegates for this competition are Fletcher Berry and Michael Conard. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- As this competition features less popular events, there will be no formal "New competitor tutorial" for this competition
- However, you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video. Please keep in mind that this is a "quiet" competition, and some events will be run differently than normal.
- Please be familiar with all of the WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In some events we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round (excluding FMC and BigBLDs) will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition will be held in Meeting Room 382 (3rd floor).
Parking: There is paid parking near the venue. You can park in the Union Circle Garage using the Park Mobile app, or at the Highland Street Garage and get a parking ticket at the gate.
Food: The competition is inside the UNT Union, meaning there are several food options without having to leave the building. There are also several other restaurants near the venue. Here are the closest restaurants.
Lodging: There are several hotels near the venue. Here are the closest hotels.
Travel: The DFW International Airport is ~30 minutes away from the venue.
This competition is sponsored by TheCubicle! They will be providing gift cards to the podiums.
Keep up to date about competitions and all things cubing related here!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced across rounds (see Guideline A1a2++).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.