Longhorn Cube Day 2023
- Oct 28, 2023
- Fort Worth, Texas, United States
- 1201 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Ballroom A (2nd floor)
- Organization team
- CubingUSA Treasurer and Ryan Pilat
- WCA Delegates
- Fletcher Berry and Michael Conard
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE VENUE.
- Please review the Competitor Information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
To learn more about cubing in the Southern USA, including other competitions, visit Southern Cubing.
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 200 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $26 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
There will be no refund to no-shows unless cancelled before the deadline (Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT)
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- If you register and later realize you cannot make the competiton, you can request a 75% refund (via the contact link on the General Info tab before registration closes.
- No refunds will be awarded after Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT
- Competitors may edit their registration to include more events BEFORE registration closes.
- Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
- Competitors may edit their registration to remove events. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist before the deadline (Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT) will receive a full refund shortly before the competition.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT.
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
If the competitor limit is filled, you may still register and pay the registration fee if you wish, but you will be placed on a waitlist. Your registration will not be accepted unless a spot opens up.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 90 advance to next round|
|Semi Final||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 90 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||8:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Fort Worth Convention Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (October 28, 2023)
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- Your delegates for this competition are Fletcher Berry and Michael Conard. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition will be held in Ballroom A on the 2nd floor.
Parking: There is Convention Center parking for $18/day at 1100 Houston Street and 1301 Commerce Street.
Food: NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE VENUE. There are several restaurants near the venue. Here are the closest restaurants
Lodging: There are several hotels near the venue. Here are the closest hotels
Travel: The DFW International Airport is less than 25 minutes away from the venue.
If you are interested in joining the volunteer staff for this competition, you can apply below:
Staff members are expected to spend most of the day helping out, especially with the following tasks:
- Data entry
Staff members will receive a full registration fee refund after the competition.
Please keep in mind that we are only able to accept a limited amount of applications. You will receive an email after registration closes letting you know if you have been accepted or not.
This competition is sponsored by TheCubicle! They will be providing gift cards to the podiums.
Keep up to date about competitions and all things cubing related here!
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.