- Feb 12, 2022
- Denver, Colorado, United States
- 7525 E Hampden Ave, Denver, CO 80231
- Elizabeth Cutting, Raymond Castillo, Sam Koch, Stone Amsbaugh, and Zachary Miller
- WCA Delegates
- Calvin Nielson, Chris Martin, and Stone Amsbaugh
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
COVID NOTICE - Due to guidance from Arapahoe County, All competitors and spectators MUST either be fully vaccinated or recieve a negative test within 96 hours to enter the competition. Regardless of status, everyone is required to wear a mask at all times. Competitors may only bring one guest maximum with them into the venue. Outside spectators are prohibited.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED INSIDE THE BALLROOM
This competition will be following unique precautions to protect competitors and spectators against COVID-19. We kindly ask you to read the Competitor Responsibilities and COVID-19 Safety tab before registering.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the competitor limit for this competition is 80 competitors. Competitors are being asked to bring only one spectator maximum to the competition, and if possible, to attend alone.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 80 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
How to Pay/Payment Structure
All registration payments are to be made via Stripe. There will be a box to pay this fee after you fill out your registration.
How to Withdraw/Alter Registration
Registered competitors can withdraw/alter their registration by emailing the organization team (via the contact link above) the following:
1. Statement of intent to withdraw/alter registration.
2. Changes to registration (if applicable).
3. Name (and WCA ID, if applicable) of the competitor.
You may also modify your registration by accessing the register tab and changing your events as needed.
Competitors can cancel their registration, however they cannot recieve a refund. The last day to cancel your registration is February 8, 2022, 5:00 PM MST.
The last date to modify your registration is the same as the deadline for cancelling registration with a refund.
If registration fills up, we will place competitors on a waitlist. In the event a competitor drops from the competition, competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order we receive payment. Competitors can be accepted from the waitlist until February 8, 2022, 5:00 PM MST. You will receive a full refund if you are still on the waitlist by then.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:30.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:30.00|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||45.00||2 attempts to get < 15.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Embassy Suites Denver Tech Center North.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Denver.
Schedule for Saturday (February 12, 2022)
The competition, along with the waitlist, is now full - You may see your spot below if you are on the waitlist:
23 People on Waitlist, 23 Paid: (You are only listed if you have paid, in order of payment. The waitlist is RANKED, so the first to pay is #1 on the list)
Turner Alan Jensen
Oliver Micheal Sitja Sichel
Ty River Hall
Alexander T Kleen
Hilton Embassy Suites Denver Tech Center North
7525 E Hampden Ave
Denver, CO 80231
The Grand Ballroom is located inside of the Embassy Suites.
The nearest airport with commercial service is the Denver International Airport, located 30 minutes from the venue to the northeast.
The venue is accessible from the RTD Light Rail. Southmoor Station, served by the E, F and H lines, is a 20 minute walk from the venue. Bus Service from Southmoor with a stop just shy of the hotel is avaliable through routes 46 and 105.
The competition is being held in a hotel. The Embassy Suites DTC North has plenty of rooms at affordable rates, however, there are other hotels nearby such as the TownePlace Suites. There are also plenty of hotels in the Denver Tech Center to the south..
The event is not providing food. Competitors and spectators are responsible for finding food as needed. There are various restaurants open around the venue, such as a Raising Canes, Chick Fil A, Chipotle, and a McDonalds.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
Before the competition, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event in an email. We will be relying on competitors to help by judging whenever they are not competing, especially with our small competition size. Judging is very easy, and is a great way to make time fly!
We will provide a judging and competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day, right before the start of 6x6, which will also overview our new procedures. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help.
We will need help judging for the second/final rounds of events as we can not assign staff for those in advance. Spectators are encouraged to learn how to judge; you do not need to know how to cube in order to be a great judge. Having enough judges ensures that we stay on schedule and are able to leave on time.
Due to ongoing circumstances, the organizing team is enforcing restrictions during the competition which will impact the running of the competition. Here are the most important changes.
Venue entrance policy:
- Competitors may bring at most one guest. This will be checked at the entrance of the competition.
- All attendees (competitors + guests) must show valid proof of at least one of the following two requirements to be allowed in the venue:
1) They are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To clarify, an individual is only considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or their only dose of a single-dose vaccine (J&J) more than two weeks before the competition. Any dose received after Saturday, January 29th, 2022 is insufficient for entrance to the competition.
2) They tested negativefor COVID-19 within 96 hours (4 days) of the competition. The date when the test is conducted is what matters, not the date when the results are received. Any test conducted earlier than Tuesday, February 8th is insufficient for entrance to the competition. We strongly discourage at home testing, please recieve a PCR or antigen test administered by a health care professional if you can! Tests are FREE in Colorado, and you can find a location that administers them near you at this website!
Note - If you are over 16, and your second COVID 19 shot was on or before July 29, 2021 or before, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND you recieve a booster shot before competing, in case the CDC/CDPHE change the definition of fully vaccinated before the competition.
Individuals under the age of 6 entering the venue must recieve a negative test.
Other Safety Rules/Requirements
1.Masks are to be required at all times, and must cover your nose and mouth. If you refuse to wear a mask inside of the venue, you will be disqualified from the competition and be asked to leave the premises. This rule is put in place regardless of whether or not you are fully vaccinated, due to a mandate from Arapahoe County. No exceptions will be offered to this policy.
2. Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
3. Competitors will only be allowed to bring ONE guest to the competition. The first three rules apply to the guest as well as the competitor.
4. Fixed Seating will be used at this competition, which means you will stay at the same station for all 5 of your solves.
5. Competitors should bring their own pen to the competition, but pens will be available to those who do not.
6. When not competing, competitors and spectators should attempt to socially distance whenever possibly by keeping 3 feet away from others. We also encourage you not to share puzzles with other competitors.
7. Sanitary wipes will be available. Competitors may disinfect the stations at their discretion. Hand Sanitizer will be placed around the venue for use at your desire.
8. Officials and staff will be following special procedures to continue to lower chance of transmission of COVID-19, such as utilizing sanitizer frequently and distancing.
9. Outside food and drink is not permitted in the venue due to hotel policy
Additional rules may be added as deemed necessary by the organizers, the WCA Board, or the local or state government.
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE.
If you would like to be notified of future competitions in the state of Colorado, please sign up for the Colorado Cubers newsletter! This newsletter will notify you of future competitions in the state of Colorado when they are announced, and will provide you with monthly updates with news and results.
To subscribe, please see the landing page here.
This event is open to cubers of any age and experience. For those of you new to cubing, welcome! We just ask that you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here.
Secondly, we are having new and unusual procedures at this competition due to the still ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The organizing team is currently preparing a video to showcase these new procedures that competitors will be required to follow during the competition. We hope to have a comprehensive video showing the competition experience, the usual questions, along with some other common covid related questions soon.
For now, we ask you to reference the COVID Safety tab to get an idea of these revised procedures.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
Q: Are there any restrictions on competing?
A: Nope! Outside of the restriction on spectators, anyone of any skill can compete in this competition, including first-timers. As long as you know how to solve the cube, go ahead and sign up!
Q: Do spectators have to pay?
A: No! All spectators are let into building for free, but keep in mind you can only bring one!
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: Yes! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. We heavily discourage borrowing or sharing other people's cubes at the competition.
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to wca.link/live to find information about current events.
Q: Why am I not on the registration list yet?
A: When you register, make sure you have paid the registration fee. Afterwards, your registration must then be manually accepted, so please wait at least 24 hours before contacting us. You should receive an email when your registration is accepted.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can cube!
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: No! All competitors are on an equal playing field.
Q: Do I have to wear a face covering at this competition?
A. Yes, face coverings are required in the venue. Please remember a face covering and bring it to the competition!
Q: Is a negative COVID-19 test, or a vaccination required?
A: YES! Please see the COVID Safety tab for more information regarding this policy.
Q: Why can I not bring more than one spectator to the competition?
A. Due to venue size, we are setting a 160 person limit in the venue to make sure guests can socially distance from one another during the competition. Because of this, competitors must either bring only one spectator, or attend the competition alone. The organizing team strongly reccomends the latter.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us by using the contact links on the general info page!
We would like to extend our thanks to TheCubicle for supporting DeNxNver 2022 and providing prizes for the competition! Feel free to take a look at their vast catalog of puzzles and premium lines at thecubicle.com!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.