Cubing Is A Sport Frisco PM 2021
- Jul 10, 2021
- Frisco, Texas, United States
- 7599 Eldorado Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75034
A community pavilion inside Warren Sports Complex
- Andres Rodriguez, Azhar Virani, Jae Park, and Jeff Park
- WCA Delegate
- Jae Park
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Registration is now closed.
This competition is a twin competition with Cubing Is A Sport Frisco AM 2021. You may only register for one (either AM or PM) of the two competitions.
This competition will be following unique precautions to protect competitors and spectators against COVID-19. By registering, you automatically consent to COVID restrictions. Please check COVID Safety tab for further details.
If COVID cases rise, we may need to cancel this competition; competitors will be notified by email in that case.
The venue is a pavilion inside Warren Sports Complex. All benches inside the pavilion will be used only for competitors and staff. Spectators can watch the competition outside the pavilion.
We will only be holding 3x3x3 Cube at this competition. Please make sure you are familiar with the rules of 3x3x3 Cube.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 38 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
Once you submit the registration form, you'll be emailed a survey ; this must be filled out by Wednesday, June 30th.Your registration will be accepted only after you fill out the survey. The registration is $3 but $20 is to prevent no-show registration. $17 will be refunded to those who competed (minus Stripe transaction fee). There will be no refund to no-shows. (Please expect 3~5 business days delay per Stripe transaction procedure).
Spectators can watch the competition outside the pavilion area but there will be no seats/benches nearby. You may want to bring your own folding chair or picnic blankets.
If registration fills up, we will place competitors on a waitlist. In order to get on the waitlist, you must register and pay. You are not on the waitlist until you pay the registration fee. If you do not make it off of the waitlist, you will be fully refunded. If a competitor drops out, the first person on the waitlist will replace them. People can be replaced up until July 6th, 2021, 6:30 PM CDT. No competitors will be added on the day of the competition.
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Warren Sports Complex.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Schedule for Saturday (July 10, 2021)
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
Before the competition, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event in an email. We will be relying on competitors to help by judging whenever they are not competing, especially with our small competition size. Judging is very easy, and is a great way to make time fly!
We will provide a judging and competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day, right before the start of 3x3, which will also overview our new procedures. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help.
Due to ongoing circumstances, the organizing team is enforcing restrictions during the competition which will impact the running of the competition. Here are the most important changes.
- Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
- The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times inside the pavilion, covering both nose and mouth.
- No food / drink will be allowed inside the pavilion during the competition.
- Spectators can watch the competition outside the pavilion area but there will be no seats/benches nearby. You may want to bring your own folding chair or picnic blankets.
- We encourage competitors to bring their own pen to the competition.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfection wipes will be widely avaliable for use at the competitor's pleasure. Organizers will encourage throughout the day to utilize these items.
- The competition will be using a fixed seating system, rather than a standard waiting area. This means when you compete, you will complete all of your attempts in one sitting with the same judge. instead of being called to a different station for each attempt. You will submit your cube at your station, rather than at a designated table. The venue is arranged where there will be one competitor at each table, rather than 2.
- After every attempt, rather than the judge putting the puzzle in the cover, the competitor is asked to put the cube into the cover at the end of the attempt. The judge will only put in the scorecard.
- After you finish competing, you or your judge will disinfect the station with a disinfection wipe.
- Officials and staff will be following special procedures to continue to lower chance of transmission of COVID-19, such as utilizing sanitizer frequently and distancing.
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE.
Once you submit the registration form, you'll be emailed a survey; this must be filled out by Wednesday, June 30th. our registration will be accepted only after you fill out the survey.
This competition has a competitor limit of 38 people with a $20 registration fee payed via Stripe. The registration is $3 but $20 is to prevent no-show registration. $17 will be refunded to those who competed (minus Stripe transaction fee). There will be no refund to no-shows. (Please expect 3~5 business days delay per Stripe transaction procedure).
If the competitor limit is filled, you may still register and pay the registration fee if you wish, but you will be placed on a waitlist. Your registration will not be accepted unless a spot opens up.
Cubing Is A Sport Frisco AM 2021 (Saturday morning, July 10) and Cubing Is A Sport Frisco PM 2021 (Saturday afternoon, July 10) are Twin Competitions. This means that competitors are only allowed to compete in one of the two. If you are already registered for Cubing Is A Sport Frisco AM 2021, and subsequently register for Cubing Is A Sport Frisco PM 2021, your registration for Cubing Is A Sport Frisco PM 2021 will be rejected.
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 1:30PM.
- Please bring some form of identification. This will be used to verify your name, birthday, and nationality. (something like a passport or school ID).
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- We have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPL3eV-A0ww&t=2s If you prefer reading, there is a WCA tutorial in a pdf format here.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into WCA live.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. On the Group Sheet, you may notice that you have a group as well as a Judging(J), Running(R), and Scrambling(S) assignment. If this is the case, then the group you are competing in will have no letter next to it. The Group that you are working will have the letter next to it (i.e. 2J would mean you are judging in Group 2). Please either judge or find someone to take your judging place when you are scheduled to judge. If all the judging stations are full, then don't worry, come help out a little later. You may see that you may have a job in an event that you are not competing in. Please try to help out as much as possible, especially during these times!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- Please note that this schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegate for this competition is Jae Park. Ask him if you have any questions throughout the day!
Group information will be posted once the registrion is closed.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.