Colorado Western Slope 2023
- May 13, 2023
- Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
Grand Junction Convention Center
- 159 Main St, Grand Junction, Colorado
Colorado I Room
- Organization team
- Stone Amsbaugh
- WCA Delegates
- Elizabeth Cutting, Raymos Castillo, and Stone Amsbaugh
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- It is recommended you register as soon as possible to save a spot.
- No outside food and drink.
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with the WCA regulations. If this is your first official competition, this video will provide you with most of the information you need.
- If this is your first competition, please be present for the competitor tutorial at 8:15 AM.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 85 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $27 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators are only permitted as companions of competitors.
Below are some of the policies that will be used for this competition.
* Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
* If you register and later realize you cannot make the event, you can request a 75% refund before registration closes.
* After registration closes, no refunds will be awarded.
* Competitors may request by email, or manually edit their registration, to be added to more events BEFORE registration closes.
* Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
* Competitors may request by email, or manually edit their registration, to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
* If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
* Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist will receive a full refund shortly before the event.
* No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after registration closes at 5 PM Mountain Time on May 5th, 2023.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Raymos Castillo||8.04||9.32||United States||9.53||8.98||10.31||8.04||9.45|
|2x2x2 Cube||Raymos Castillo||2.80||3.83||United States||4.15||2.80||3.31||4.04||6.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Elizabeth Cutting||59.56||DNF||United States||1:16.30||59.56||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Stone Amsbaugh||15.88||18.08||United States||16.74||17.77||15.88||19.73||20.07|
|Clock||Raymos Castillo||5.78||6.57||United States||8.57||6.17||6.51||5.78||7.04|
|Pyraminx||Raymos Castillo||4.21||4.89||United States||4.21||4.93||5.06||6.11||4.69|
|Square-1||Kian Cline||9.81||16.99||United States||16.39||16.97||9.81||17.61||18.00|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||12:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Grand Junction Convention Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Denver.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (May 13, 2023)
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
Before the competition, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event in an email. We will be relying on competitors to help by judging whenever they are not competing, especially with our small competition size. Judging is very easy, and is a great way to make time fly!
We will provide a judging and competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day, right before the start of the first event. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help.
We will need help judging for the second/final rounds of events as we can not assign staff for those in advance. Spectators are encouraged to learn how to judge; you do not need to know how to cube in order to be a great judge. Having enough judges ensures that we stay on schedule and are able to leave on time.
By registering for this competition, you agree to and understand the information above.
This event is open to cubers of any age and experience. For those of you new to cubing, welcome! We just ask that you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
Q: Are there any restrictions on competing?
A: Nope! Outside of the restriction on spectators, anyone of any skill can compete in this competition, including first-timers. As long as you know how to solve the cube, go ahead and sign up!
Q: Do spectators have to pay?
A: No! All spectators are let into building for free, but keep in mind you can only bring one!
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: Yes! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. We heavily discourage borrowing or sharing other people's cubes at the competition.
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to wca.link/live to find information about current events.
Q: Why am I not on the registration list yet?
A: When you register, make sure you have paid the registration fee. Afterwards, your registration must then be manually accepted, so please wait at least 24 hours before contacting us. You should receive an email when your registration is accepted.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can cube!
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: No! All competitors are on an equal playing field.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us by using the contact links on the general info page!
We are happy to announce TheCubicle will be providing prizes for this competition for competitors who place onto podiums! We would like to thank them for their support and encourage you to shop with them!
If you would like to be notified of future competitions in the state of Colorado, please sign up for the Colorado Cubers newsletter! This newsletter will notify you of future competitions in the state of Colorado when they are announced, and will provide you with monthly updates with news and results.
To subscribe, please see the landing page here.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.