Bay Area Speedcubin' 30 2022
- Apr 17, 2022
- Berkeley, California, United States
- Berkeley, CA 94704
Room inside the ground floor of Dwinelle Hall.
- Antonio Kam Ho Tung (甘浩東) and Ryan Jew
- WCA Delegates
- Chris Martin, Mitchell Lane, and Ryan Jew
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Big Cubes + Blindfolded Events only (no 3x3x3 Cube).
The main event is 3x3x3 Blindfolded.
- Registrants will be accepted in the order that they pay, not the order that they register. Please be patient with us as we manually accept all eligible competitors.
- Competitors may only bring one guest maximum.
- Competitors must fill out this form to have their registration accepted.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 60 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- After registering, click on "Pay your fees via card". To complete your registration you MUST pre-pay. You will receive an email saying your registration has been approved once your registration has been accepted. This means you are on the competitor list.
- Competitors may not bring more than 1 guest (eg. you should register with 0 or 1 guests)
- Competitors must fill out this form to have their registration accepted.
- Failure to do any of these steps may result in a delay in registration.
- If you have registered and are no longer able to attend, please let us know as it will open up a spot for another competitor. You can request a 50% refund before registration closes.
- After registration closes, no refunds will be awarded.
- Competitors may request (by email) to be added to more events BEFORE registration closes.
- Competitors may request (by email) to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee as normal. Competitors will be emailed when a competitor drops and their spot is available; once they respond, they will be accepted from the waitlist.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist will receive a full refund shortly before the event.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after registration closes at 1:00 PM PDT on April 10th.
All competitors must be available to judge/run/scramble for the competition as per Regulation 1e2 and 1f2. All competitors will be expected to help by judging or running for any event they are doing. Nametags will be handed out with all the information regarding what groups you will be competing in and what groups you will be helping in. If you are not competing in an event, you will not be assigned to help during that event.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Antonio Kam Ho Tung (甘浩東) won with a single solve of 33.52 seconds in the 3x3x3 Blindfolded event. Cary Huang finished second (1:00.37) and Wilson Li finished third (1:05.99).
|5x5x5 Cube||Varun Mohanraj||47.88||52.35||United States||52.77||52.48||51.81||47.88||53.32|
|6x6x6 Cube||Danny Sungin Park||1:34.96||1:41.28||United States||1:49.41||1:34.96||1:39.48|
|7x7x7 Cube||Paul Mahvi||2:20.05||2:27.47||United States||2:29.79||2:32.57||2:20.05|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Antonio Kam Ho Tung (甘浩東)||33.52||DNF||Hong Kong||33.52||DNF||DNF|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Cary Huang||6:25.12||DNF||United States||6:25.12||DNF||DNF|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Cary Huang||13:58.00||DNF||United States||13:58.00||DNF||DNF|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:15.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:30.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:30:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:30:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final **|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Dwinelle Hall.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Los_Angeles.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Sunday (April 17, 2022)
This event will be held on the UC Berkeley campus. It is generally difficult to find parking in Berkeley, so public transport is the best option.
Arriving by plane:
The nearest airport is Oakland International (OAK), about 30 minutes away from campus by car or plan for an hour and a half by public transport. Uber can be a good choice from the airport.
Parking is pretty difficult to find in Berkeley. The easiest place to park is Underhill Parking Structure, around 3 blocks away from the main campus. Parking on the street is occasionally available, but it is not recommended that you bank on this option.
By public transport:
If coming by BART, get off at the Downtown Berkeley station, then follow Center Street until you arrive at the university. If you are considering taking the AC transit or other bus option, get off at the Bancroft and Telegraph stop and you're already on campus.
Due to ongoing circumstances, the organizing team is enforcing restrictions during the competition which will impact the running of the competition. Here are the most important changes.
Following University rules, masks are required for unvaccinated attendees. They are highly recommended for everyone else.
Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged for those who are eligible.
Competitors will only be allowed to bring ONE guest to the competition. The first three rules apply to the guest as well as the competitor.
We encourage competitors to bring their own pen to the competition.
When not competing, competitors and spectators should attempt to socially distance whenever possibly by keeping 3 feet away from others. We also encourage you not to share puzzles with other competitors.
Sanitary wipes will be available at every station. Competitors may disinfect the stations at their discretion.
Officials and staff will be following special procedures to continue to lower chance of transmission of COVID-19, such as utilizing sanitizer frequently and distancing.
Additional rules may be added as deemed necessary by the organizers, the WCA Board, or the local or state government.
By registering for this competition you agree that you understand and will follow all the information listed above.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced across rounds (see Guideline A1a2++).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.