Baguio City Open 2018
- Nov 3, 2018
- Baguio City, Benguet, Philippines
- #20-22 Artiaga St., Purok 1, Outlook Drive, Maryhurst Road., Baguio City
- Bianca Gabrielle Ronquillo, Jodie Ann Cheng, John Edison Ubaldo (ᜇ᜔ᜌᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜁᜇᜒᜐᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜂᜊᜎ᜔ᜇᜓ︀), and Louie Jay Quibote
- WCA Delegate
- John Edison Ubaldo (ᜇ᜔ᜌᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜁᜇᜒᜐᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜂᜊᜎ᜔ᜇᜓ︀)
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This is the 4th staging of the annual WCA competition in Baguio City, the summer capital of the Philippines. This competition is organized by UC cubers and campus-based organization UP Cubers.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 70 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₱250 (Philippine Peso).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
On the spot registrations will be accepted with a base registration fee of ₱300 (Philippine Peso).
Registration fee is 250 good for 2 events. 50 pesos shall be added for additional event(s). Payment is needed before registrations via the WCA website are approved. Here are the steps to secure your slots for the competition after registering:
1. Wait for an email regarding payment details.
2. Settle the registration fee as instructed on the email.
3. Submit the payment receipt as instructed via email.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Sean Patrick Villanueva won with an average of 8.99 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Richmond Mico Rigor finished second (9.11) and Inigo Miguel B. Palisoc finished third (9.37).
Asian records: Louie Jay Quibote 3x3x3 With Feet 19.19 (single).
|3x3x3 Cube||Sean Patrick Villanueva||7.48||8.99||Philippines||13.55||7.48||8.33||9.98||8.67|
|2x2x2 Cube||Inigo Miguel B. Palisoc||2.03||2.33||Philippines||2.36||2.05||2.03||3.86||2.58|
|4x4x4 Cube||Wonder Dygico||31.76||34.55||Philippines||40.23||34.39||36.13||31.76||33.14|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Dale Stephen M. Palmares||13.46||14.91||Philippines||25.24||13.81||14.71||16.20||13.46|
|Pyraminx||Sean Patrick Villanueva||4.14||5.81||Philippines||7.45||5.23||4.14||DNF||4.76|
|Skewb||Miguel Yuri De Mesa||5.98||6.61||Philippines||6.66||8.88||6.84||5.98||6.33|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Louie Jay Quibote||19.19||AsR||28.54||Philippines||27.37||19.19||39.31||31.95||26.30|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Final||Ao5||10:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Baguio Diamond Vacation Homes Inc..
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Manila.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (November 03, 2018)
|08:00 - 08:10 AM||Registration & Newcomer Orientation|
|08:10 - 09:45 AM||3x3x3 Cube||First Round||Average of 5|
|09:45 - 11:00 AM||2x2x2 Cube||First Round||Average of 5|
|11:00 - 12:00 PM||4x4x4 Cube||Combined Final||Best of 2 / Average of 5|
|12:00 - 01:00 PM||3x3x3 With Feet||Final||Average of 5|
|01:00 - 01:50 PM||Pyraminx||First Round||Average of 5|
|01:50 - 02:30 PM||Skewb||First Round||Average of 5|
|02:30 - 03:00 PM||3x3x3 Cube||Second Round||Average of 5|
|03:00 - 04:00 PM||3x3x3 One-Handed||Combined Final||Best of 2 / Average of 5|
|04:00 - 04:15 PM||2x2x2 Cube||Final||Average of 5|
|04:15 - 04:30 PM||Pyraminx||Final||Average of 5|
|04:30 - 04:45 PM||Skewb||Final||Average of 5|
|04:45 - 05:30 PM||3x3x3 Cube||Final||Average of 5|
|05:30 - 06:00 AM||Awarding of Winners|
Please see Events Tab for Cutoff, Time Limit and Qualifiers. Final Rounds for 2x2x2 Cube, Pyraminx and Skewb may be canceled if the competition schedule gets delayed. The order of importance for holding final rounds of the said events is as follows:
1. 2x2x2 Cube
FIRST TIME COMPETITORS
All newcomers are required to read WCA First-time Competitor Guide document to familiarize yoruself of the popular WCA regulations used to govern WCA competitions. Additionally, please watch this competitor tutorial by WCA Senior Delegate Kit Clement of the USA.
When you arrive at the competition venue, kindly follow the following steps:
1. Head to the registration table and sign on the competitor masterlist.
2. Get your Competitor Envelope which contains your Certificate of Participation, Event Schedule and grouping/officiating Team Assignment. You will be assigned to officiate at some point during the competition so be sure to take note of your assignement to avoid being disqualified. As per WCA Regulation 1e2, all competitors must be ready to officiate when called or assigned to. Declining such assginment merits disqualification at the discretion of the WCA Delegate.
3. Go inside the venue hall and wait for the competition to start.
Starting from the terminal of buses below SM City Baguio:
1. Go to the Terminal of LUCNAB jeep near McDo Session Road.
2. Ride the lucnab jeep and tell the jeepney driver to drop you off at Artiaga Street, Outlook Drive.
3. Go downhill until you see the venue.
If you can't follow the indicated instructions:
1. Use Google map and ride a taxi.
2. The fare will cost you around 110 pesos.
3. Do not be shy on asking the drivers.
For more details, follow this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BaguioCityCubers/
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.