Westminster Squanners Spring 2023
- May 20, 2023
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- 1424 W Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
Barge Commons - Blake Hall
- Organization team
- CubingUSA Treasurer, Daniel Estrada Hernandez, and Raymond Goslow
- WCA Delegates
- Clay Moore, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, Raymond Goslow, and Roman Wofford
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Square-1 is the main event of this competition, and Square-1 finals will be held in a head-to-head format.
Due to recent new construction (including the building where this competition will be held), Google Maps may not be able to help you navigate once you enter the Westminster campus. Please see the Venue/Parking tab for more info about how to park and locate the venue for this competition.
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 75 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor list within one business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to providing incorrect information when registering. In these cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided. After 24 hours without a response, the registration will not be accepted until the information is clarified.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost, minus processing fees.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez||6.65||7.34||United States||8.40||6.65||7.00||7.23||7.80|
|4x4x4 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez||25.74||28.13||United States||30.31||27.61||33.78||25.74||26.48|
|5x5x5 Cube||Vishwa Sankar||47.88||54.48||United States||52.91||47.88||53.87||56.67||57.34|
|Pyraminx||Keon Wilson||2.00||2.91||United States||3.89||2.74||2.74||3.25||2.00|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 36 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue The Westminster Schools.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (May 20, 2023)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. Therefore, if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- Your Delegates for this competition are Raymond Goslow, Clay Moore, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, Roman Wofford. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- You will need to arrive on time to watch the new competitor introduction at 8:30AM.
- As an additional form of preparation, you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of the WCA regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to reach out before the competition using the contact link on the General Info tab.
- In each event we will have rounds, and we will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed, results will be entered into WCA Live. If your name is highlighted after all the results have been entered, then you have made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help the competition run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order. Please be familiar with which group you are in and bring your cube up when called. You may not be able to compete if you miss your group.
The venue for this competition is Blake Hall, which is located within Barge Commons. Both Barge Commons and the parking deck nearby were recently constructed and do not yet appear on Google Maps. Following Google Maps directions to the school address (1424 W Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30327) may lead you to the incorrect building. In order to park and access the venue successfully, please follow signs for the parking deck once you enter the campus. After parking, Barge Commons will be the nearest building, and you will be directed to Blake Hall once you enter the building.
Please review this map to locate the parking deck and Barge Commons in relation to the two main campus entrances and the other buildings on campus. For an interactive version of the map, please visit the school website.
We have now determined the final list of staff for this competition and all applicants have been notified of their acceptance status. Thank you to all who applied!
This competition is sponsored by The Cubicle! They will provide gift card codes for the podium in each event.
The registration list for this competition has been finalized and no more competitors will be accepted off the waiting list.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.