Welcome Back Texas 2021
- Dec 18, 2021
- Georgetown, Texas, United States
- 30500 Berry Creek Dr, Georgetown, TX 78628
The competition will take place in the Berry Creek Ballroom.
- Ryan Pilat and Tucker Chamberlain
- WCA Delegates
- Vincent Chen and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
*Please review the COVID precautions tab for information regarding the steps taken to increase competitor safety at this competition.
*Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
*Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that this schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 48 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax. Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor's list until Friday, December 10, 2021, 6:00 PM CST.
Due to COVID-19 we are limiting 1 guest per competitor. If you are able to attend by yourself (older than 16 years old), we recommend not having guests.
Due to COVID-19 we will not be accepting event changes during the competition. If you wish to change which events you are registered for, please contact the organization team prior to Friday, December 10, 2021, 6:00 PM CST.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Sameer Aggarwal||5.83||6.62||United States||6.60||10.64||6.65||5.83||6.62|
|2x2x2 Cube||Sameer Aggarwal||1.43||2.08||United States||1.59||1.82||5.11||1.43||2.84|
|4x4x4 Cube||Sameer Aggarwal||26.28||29.73||United States||26.28||30.75||27.11||31.34||36.82|
|7x7x7 Cube||Zachary White||2:23.62||2:28.31||United States||2:26.41||2:23.62||2:34.91|
|Clock||Jose Ortiz Jr.||6.16||7.08||United States||7.57||6.72||6.96||6.16||12.44|
|Square-1||Max Siauw||5.15||6.43||United States||6.13||6.68||5.15||6.48||9.19|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:30.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:00.00|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 18 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Berry Creek Country Club.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Schedule for Saturday (December 18, 2021)
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet. It will show what groups you are designated to compete, judge, and run in. This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor Tutorial where we will teach you how to judge.
- Your delegate for this competition is Zachary White. Ask him if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 7:50 AM.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into live.worldcubeassociation.org. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. Please come bring your puzzle up when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition will be held in the Berry Creek Ballroom.
Parking: Large parking space at main entrance.
Lunch: There are several restaurants near the venue. Here are the closest restaurants.
Hotels: Find hotels near the venue here
By registering for this competition, you agree that you understand all the information presented in this tab and will abide by all the COVID-19 restrictions placed on this competition.
We will be following some guidance and requirements set by the WCA Competition Safety Policy. Some of the requirements in the Safety Policy are more strict than those of local authorities. We are required by the Safety Policy to follow the stricter guidelines whether it be from local authorities or the Safety Policy,
Here are some important policies and procedures we will be following:
- Masks are strongly recommended.
- We will provide masks for anyone to take.
- Competitors will only be allowed one guest. Competitors age 16 and older are encouraged to come alone.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands upon entering the venue and often while at the venue. We will provide hand sanitizer for anyone to use.
- Attendees should maintain a minimum of 3ft from others whenever possible.
- Competitors are strongly encouraged to bring their own pen for the duration of the competition, but we will still provide pens as required.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. you should not attend this competition.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, you should not attend.
Changes to Competing Procedure:
- Judges may use their own stopwatch (such as a phone timer) but must be checked by a WCA Delegate first.
- Competitors will have the same judge for the entire round. They will stay seated at the solving station for all solve attempts in a round. There will not be a "Competitor Waiting Area."
- Scramblers are encouraged to sanitize their hands prior to scrambling
- Additional information will be relayed during the Competitor Tutorial in the morning of the competition.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.