VJTI Mumbai Cube Open 2019
- Dec 27 - 28, 2019
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute
- Nathalal Parekh Road, Matunga East, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Organization team
- Abhishek Anant Palekar, Anish Chaudhary, Cubenama Events, Vaishnavi Suresh Sakpal, and Vedant Padmakar Chavan
- WCA Delegate
- Somya Srivastava
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
3x3 One Handed will be the main event at this competition.
Anish Chaudhary - 9021050060
Vedant Chavan - 8850729621
Vaishnavi Sakpal - 7045469748
Abhishek Palekar - 8355877162
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₹200 (Indian Rupee).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Pay the registration fees here
Registration fee structure for online registrations:
Number of events Online registration fee 1-11 Flat 200/-
*There is a flat fees of 200/- inclusive of one or all events. *
For eg -
If you participate in 1 event or all 11 events the registraion fees would be 200/- INR only.
Make sure to select your event(s) carefully while registering on WCA
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|5x5x5 Cube||Sheldon Rego||56.01||1:00.03||India||56.01||1:01.94||1:01.72||1:06.66||56.44|
|6x6x6 Cube||Sheldon Rego||1:40.68||1:47.98||India||1:53.84||1:40.68||1:49.41|
|7x7x7 Cube||Sheldon Rego||2:32.43||2:37.78||India||2:32.43||2:36.91||2:43.99|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Mohammed Aiman Koli||27.44||DNF||India||DNF||DNF||27.44|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Bhargav Narasimhan||9.30||10.20||AsR||India||10.86||12.45||10.29||9.30||9.46|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Abhijeet Ghodgaonkar||3:16.78||DNF||India||3:16.78||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Mohammed Aiman Koli||29/36 59:13||India||29/36 59:13||29/36 1:00:00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Mohammed Aiman Koli||19.97||27.45||India||27.85||19.97||26.30||30.24||28.20|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||3:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||9:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:30.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:30.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Second round||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *||Top 6 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||45:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo2||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 15 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||4:30.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Kolkata.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Friday (December 27, 2019)
Schedule for Saturday (December 28, 2019)
Each event will be held in groups.
The list of Groups will be updated SOON...
Each and every competitor should be aware of the WCA Regulations and should abide by them during the course of the competition. Regulations can be found here
An introduction session will be held on Day 1 at 11:00 a.m.Reporting time for the same is 10:45a.m. It is compulsory for all 1st timer competitors to attend it. All competitors should be present at the venue during this time period.
There is a college canteen where food will be available and is at walking distance from the venue. There are also some food outlets outside the college. Make sure you go for your lunch as soon as possible and come back on time.
REACHING THE VENUE:
If you are coming via the:
Central line: Get off at Matunga. Walk towards the Kings cirle roundabout and take a right towards Khalsa college/UDCT. After crossing Khalsa, you will reach VJTI. Take the right turn after Khalsa to enter via VJTI's Chemistry department gate.
Western line: Alight at Dadar, get out of the station towards the eastern side and take a taxi. It should be just above minimum fare.
Harbour line: Get off at Kings Circle or Wadala. VJTI is within walking distance from both these stations..
Once you are inside the college you can ask anyone about the textile hall and come directly to the venue.
All results will be simultaneously uploaded on Cubecomps website as the events proceed.(Link will be updated Soon)
- If you don’t reach the venue at the starting scheduled time of any event, then you won’t be allowed to participate in that event.
- There won't be any "On the Spot" Registrations.
- All competitors must have registered on WCA and paid the fees according to the registration requirements in order to compete. No exceptions will be allowed.
- Participants must behave in a disciplined manner in the venue. Not doing so, might lead to disqualification.
- Please help judge We rely very heavily on regular competitors to make the competition run to schedule. It is not very difficult to do, and even parents can do it! If you'd like to learn the procedure then we will explain it during the introduction to competing, and if you still don't quite understand we can show you during the rounds as well. And you may judge whenever you want. However, if you are competing in an event then you are expected to help judge for that event. Obviously you need time to warm-up so we would really appreciate if you can help out the group immediately following the one you compete in. For example, if you are competing in group 2, please help to judge for group 3, etc. If there are only 2 groups, you would be expected to help for the other group.
- No flash photography under any circumstance within the venue. It is extremely distracting for competitors.
- If you are a spectator, please stay 1.5m away from competitors at all times as per Regulation 7b.
- Please treat the venue with respect, put all of your rubbish in bins, black bin bags, or take it home with you and keep your area tidy.
- There are thousands of puzzles at these events, make sure to keep yours together so you don't lose them! Keeping them in a bag and looking after it at all times is recommended.
- During blindfolded events, please stay silent within the venue. These events require a high amount of concentration and any noise can be distracting. We will announce when the silence will begin and when you may talk within the venue again.
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
We have also made a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know:
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the 'Register' tab and it will guide you to the registration.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 8 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube! In previous competitions participants who were just 5 years of age also solved the cubes.
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about upcoming rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: I want to attend, or I have friends/family who want to attend, but not compete. Do they need to pay as well?
A: No. All spectators are free to view the competition at no cost. There is payment only to compete. But in some cases, venue will be having restriction to allow spectators depending on the competition.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
If you have any further queries, please do mail the organizers & the delegate.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.