Utah Championship 2023
- Nov 11 - 12, 2023
- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
University of Utah Union Building
- 200 S, Central Campus Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Organization team
- Bradley Sampson, Brendan Bakker, Cade Beck, Isaac Evans, Joey Day, and Samuel Baird
- WCA Delegates
- Bradley Sampson, Brendan Bakker, Cade Beck, Calvin Nielson, Isaac Myers, and Samuel Baird
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is recognized as an official World Cube Association competition. Therefore, all competitors must be familiar with the WCA Regulations. If you are new to competing, please refer to the Competitor Responsibilities tab.
For questions regarding deadlines, registrations, and the competition waitlist, please see the Registration and Waistlist Info tab.
Go to our link tree to find links to our Facebook group , Instagram page, and website, as well as the Rockies Discord Server, to be notified when local competitions are announced and to keep in touch with cubers in the area!
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
* Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received. Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor list within one business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
* Incomplete registration will not be accepted. Registrations without the first and last name of the competitor and payment are considered incomplete and will not be accepted
All deadlines on the website are final, no exceptions will be made. Please be aware of deadlines and be sure to check emails.
* If you would like to cancel your registration, please email us before the registration deadline on Wedneday, October 25th, 2023 at 6:00 PM MST to recieve a 50% refund.
* After the refund deadline passes, no refunds will be awarded.
* Competitors may request (by email) to add or remove events to their registration before Wedneday, October 25th, 2023 at 6:00 PM MST.
* Competitors may not add or remove events after registration closes.
* If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can join the waitlist by registering and paying the registration fee.
* Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist when spots become available. Competitors on the waitlist will be accepted in the order that they paid.
* Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist will receive a full refund after registration closes.
* No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after registration closes at Wedneday, October 25th, 2023 at 6:00 PM MST.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 75 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:10.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||4:00.00||1 attempt to get < 3:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||6:25.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:15.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:50.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue University of Utah Union Building.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Denver.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (November 11, 2023)
Schedule for Sunday (November 12, 2023)
All 2023 Utah competitions are part of the Utah Cubing Cup. Competitors can earn points by competing and will win prizes at the end of the year.
Registrations are first come, first serve based on the order of when payment is recieved. Registrations are manually accepted by the organization team of the competition, so please do not contact the organization team if your registration has not been accepted unless it has been longer than 1 business day since you have completed your registration.
In order to register, please fill out the registration process as detailed below. If you have not paid and entered all necessary information, including first and last name, then your registration will not be accepted.
If the competitor limit has filled, then you will see a banner message on the WCA website that the competitor limit for the competition has been reached. In order to get onto the waitlist, you will need to complete the registration process like normal, including paying the registration fee. If a spot opens up then your registration will be accepted and you will be notified. If a spot does not become available by the time that registration closes, then you will be issued a 100% refund of your registration fee.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you register and later realize you cannot make it the competition, please email us and we will delete your registration and issue a 50% refund. After the refund deadline passes on Wedneday, October 25th, 2023 at 6:00 PM MST, no refunds will be granted.
Competitors may request (by email) to add or remove events from their registration. Events may not be added after Wedneday, October 25th, 2023 at 6:00 PM MST.
1. Create a WCA account, this is necessary to register! Be sure to enter your first and last name, your registration will not be accepted if this information is not provided.
2. Click on the registration tab found in the top left of the competition website.
3. Fill out your registration details, including the events that you would like to compete in and number of guest (non-competitors who will be attending with you).
4. Pay your registration fee, your registration will not be accepted until this gets paid! You may also leave a donation if you would like to support future competitions in Utah.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
Before the competition, you will receive an email with information about the events you are competing in, and staff responsibilities that you have been assigned. Additionally, you will receive a lanyard at the competition with your personalized competing and staffing information. As per WCA Regulation 1e2, “Every competitor must be available for judging.” We rely on volunteer staff to keep competitions affordable, and to keep competitions running on time.
We will provide a judging and competitor tutorial at 9am, right before the start of 3x3. We strongly recommend that first time competitors show up for the competitor tutorial, as well as any other competitors, or guest, that would be interested in learning how to judge.
We will need help judging for the second/final rounds of events as we can not assign staff for those in advance. Spectators are encouraged to learn how to judge; you do not need to know how to cube in order to be a judge. Having enough judges ensures that we stay on schedule and are able to leave on time.
For those of you new to cubing, welcome!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of any age and experience. We just ask you to know a couple things before coming to compete.
Please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, which can be found here.
Additionally, this video will explain almost everything one will need to know about competing for the first time; however, it is still required that all competitors are still familiar with the full set of regulations above.
If you are ready to sign up, head over to the registration tab, click register, and fill out the information it asks for. This will help you get registered for the competition, and one step closer to your first WCA competition!
This is where you'll register for the upcoming unofficial FTO round at Utah Championship 2023! You must be registered for the official WCA competition first to compete in FTO.
The cutoff for the average is 2:30 (within 2 attempts), and the time limit for each solve is 4 minutes.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.