Stevenage September 2023
- Sep 16 - 17, 2023
- Stevenage, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- 21 Danestrete, Stevenage, SG1 1EG
- Organization team
- Adam Swaine and UK Cube Association
- WCA Delegates
- Adam Swaine, Bertie Longden, Oliver Hexter, and Sam Spendla
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
If you are a new competitor, please make sure to read all the information in the FAQ and the Important Information tabs before registering. All competitors should be familiar with the information in these tabs.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 200 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is £30 (British Pound).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Make sure to register and pay for the competition to be accepted. We will not accept any registrations at the competition.
Once you have been accepted, you will receive a confirmation email. If registration is full by the time you pay then you will not receive this confirmation email and you will be on the waiting list. If you do not make the competitor list by the limit date for refunds (specified above), then you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee. You may contact us to ask for your current position on the waiting list.
If you can no longer attend, let us know as soon as possible through the contact link on the General Info page. We often have waiting lists so letting us know you cannot attend allows us to add another person to the competition.
If you would like to change events, you can do so on the register page by simply reselecting your events list, and clicking "Update Registration".
Registration changes and deletions will only be processed after a request through the contact form. We will not accept any changes to registrations via any other platform.
If you have any problems check out the FAQ, or feel free to contact us.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||George Scholey||6.68||7.79||United Kingdom||6.68||8.32||9.11||7.43||7.61|
|2x2x2 Cube||Daniel Partridge||1.09||1.61||United Kingdom||3.99||1.43||1.09||1.80||1.61|
|4x4x4 Cube||George Scholey||30.01||31.38||United Kingdom||30.10||40.23||31.87||30.01||32.17|
|5x5x5 Cube||Eli Jay||46.95||52.27||United Kingdom||46.95||54.12||52.00||50.69||54.41|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Ben Stokes||29.05||DNF||United Kingdom||DNF||DNF||29.05|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Joseph Briggs||10.90||11.51||United Kingdom||10.90||10.93||12.50||11.09||12.82|
|Megaminx||Sean Moran||32.18||34.82||United Kingdom||32.18||39.22||32.36||32.88||39.73|
|Pyraminx||Daniel Partridge||1.81||3.31||United Kingdom||2.87||4.65||4.76||2.41||1.81|
|Skewb||Fabio Schwandt||2.49||3.02||United Kingdom||5.85||2.62||2.49||3.18||3.25|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00||Top 120 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 80 advance to next round|
|Semi Final||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 120 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||6:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 80 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue The Forum.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Europe/London.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (September 16, 2023)
Schedule for Sunday (September 17, 2023)
Hello! We are the UK Cube Association and we are a completely volunteer-ran organisation that hosts all cubing competitions in the UK. We are made up of a team of 8 delegates as well as 3 social media and graphic design staff, and we're passionate about giving people as many opportunities to compete in the UK as we can. We have organised over 100 competitions up and down the country with many more on the horizon and are always trying to find new locations to make cubing competitions as accessible as possible.
Make sure to follow our social media pages to keep up to date with the latest content and media!
UKCA is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people under the age of 18 who attend our activities. Please read our Safeguarding Policy for more information about this. If you have any concerns, please contact us at SafeguardingUKCA@gmail.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
First time at our competitions?
Q: How do I register?
A: Make sure you have created a WCA account by going to the sign-up page and creating an account. Once you have created the account and confirmed your email address, follow the menu bar to the Register page and carefully follow the instructions.
Q: Can I come only to spectate?
A: Yes! There is no need to book - you can just rock up on the day. It can be a bit hectic in the mornings so afternoon is preferred.
Q: Are there different age categories?
A: No, all competitors compete on the same level and all ages are welcome.
Q: Am I allowed to bring a guest?
A: Yes, you can bring as many guests as you want.
Q: How fast do I have to be to compete?
A: Check out the Events tab - if you can make the time limit for the events you want to compete in, then you're fast enough!
Q: Do I have to be there on both days?
A: No, if you only have events on one of the days, you don't have to turn up for the other day. You can see what days your events are on on the Schedule tab.
Q: When can I leave the competition?
A: You are welcome to leave whenever you are not competing. If you have no more events left then you are not required to stay.
Q: Do I use my own cubes to compete?
Q: How do I find live results?
A: You can see live results as soon as they're entered at WCA Live.
Q: What happens to my results after the competition?
A: Within a couple of days, they will all be posted to this page and if this is your first competition you will automatically have your very own WCA ID assigned.
Q: Do you have a mailing list?
A: Why yes, we do have a mailing list! Sign up here for announcements of future competitions and more.
Need to unregister?
Q: What do I do if I can no longer attend?
A: Let us know via the contact link on the General Info page.
Q: If I do not attend do I get a refund?
A: If you inform us you are no longer attending before the limit date for refunds on the General Info page then you will receive a 75% refund. If this time has passed then you will receive no refund.
If you are a new competitor, it is important that you are familiar with the Regulations. The regulations are very long and are quite a lot to take in so don't worry if you don't remember it all! Because of this, we have a video that explains the competing procedure which we recommend to watch before attending: Competing Tutorial. We will also be holding a tutorial for new competitors which we recommend you attend as well.
New competitors must bring some form of ID to show at the competition to confirm the name, the country they wish to compete for, and the date of birth registered with. The usual items of ID that people bring are Passports, Birth Certificates, Driver's Licenses, etc. As long as it has your name, date of birth, and country, then it will be fine.
If you have any questions, we recommend that you check the FAQ in case it has been asked before. But you are more than welcome to contact us at the link on the General Info page. We also recommend you check out the UKCA tab to sign up to our mailing list for announcements of future competitions, among other things.
Information for All Competitors
- Schedule Changes: Please note that the schedule is subject to change up until the Wednesday before the competition, when we will know exactly how many people are competing in each event. These should be only minor changes and may involve increasing the number of rounds for some events!
- Please help judge! As a competitor, your judging assignments are the absolute minimum you should be doing to help out. As second rounds, third rounds and finals have no assigned judges, we really need people to help out whenever available for these. If you are directly asked to judge, please go and judge for the remainder of the round in progress. If you do not comply then we are within our rights to disqualify you from the competition as per Regulation 1e2. If you're a parent you can also get involved with running and juging, it's really easy! We will have a judging tutorial in the mornings as well, which will run through the process and will be tailored towards parents who want to get involved.
- Please note that Carbon-Fiber puzzles are not permitted, and please make sure your cube complies with logo regulations!
- When you are competing and have handed in your puzzle, please make sure to be waiting in the designated area so that judges and runners do not have to come searching for you.
- Please DO NOT talk about the scrambles or your solutions whilst the round is in progress as per Regulation 2g3.
- During blindfolded events, please stay silent within the venue. These events require a high amount of concentration and any noise can be distracting. We will announce when the silence will begin and when you may talk within the venue again.
- No flash photography under any circumstance within the venue. It is extremely distracting for competitors.
- If you are a spectator, please stay 1.5m away from competitors at all times as per Regulation 7b. If you are filming someone competing, please keep out of the competitor area.
- Please treat the venue with respect, put all of your rubbish in bins, black bin bags, or take it home with you and keep your area tidy.
- There are thousands of puzzles at these events, make sure to keep yours together so you don't lose them! Keeping them in a bag and looking after it at all times is recommended. If you do lose a puzzle, please contact us at the link on the General Info page, it is likely that someone has handed it in to us.
- We will be taking videos and photographs of the competition and the environment for our social media pages and website. By attending the competition as a competitor or a guest, you are accepting that you may be filmed or photographed for these purposes.
This competition is sponsored by KewbzUK!
Based in the UK, KewbzUK have grown to become the largest and most trusted speed cube shop in the UK & Europe. Not only do they stock some of the best twisty puzzles in the world, they are also lucky to be exclusive resellers of CubicleLabs premium lubricants.
This competition is being held in The Forum, right near the centre of Stevenage. The entrance to the venue is up the stairs at the back behind the hotel.
The Forum entrance can be found at the following location:
GPS: 51.90342553176494, -0.2035548258074325
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/ayUnKi4mJBjQmKxM6
What three words: pencil.hush.spots
Car: There is no free parking for this venue, however the Westgate Shopping Centre has a car park that is relatively cheap and can be found by GPS at the postcode SG1 1QR.
Train: Stevenage train station is only a short walk away from the venue.
Plane: The nearest airports to Stevenage are London Stansted and London Luton. There are good connections to Stevenage by train and coach from both airports.
Coach: National Express has a lot of coaches from many places that will take you right into Stevenage.
The nearest hotel to the venue is the Ibis, which is directly attached to the venue. The Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express are only a few minutes walk to the venue and may be slightly cheaper alternatives. There are also plenty of other options available that are not listed.
Each event is run in groups, depending on how many people are competing in the event depends on how many groups there are. We call each group up one at a time in order to complete their solves during the scheduled time for the round. We have software that automatically picks what groups you are in, the judges, and who scrambles for each group. This is the minimum amount you should be helping out as it only is for first rounds. We always appreciate extra help!
Please note down which groups you are competing and scrambling in before arriving at the competition!
Groups can be found here.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.