Staunton Speedsolving 2023
- Sep 16, 2023
- Greenville, South Carolina, United States
- 165 Staunton Bridge Rd, Greenville, SC 29611
- Organization team
- CubingUSA Treasurer, Eddie Szuster, and Roman Wofford
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Dalton Padgett, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Raymond Goslow, Ricky Martin, and Roman Wofford
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA
Please be aware of all registration/competitor requirements before registering!
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration will be open from to .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 90 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $26 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 90% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Staunton Bridge Community Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (September 16, 2023)
Important Links (to be added closer to the competition)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. Therefore, if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- Your Delegates for this competition are Roman Wofford, Dalton Padgett, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, and Raymond Goslow. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- You will need to arrive on time to watch the new competitor introduction at 8:45am.
- As an additional form of preparation, you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of the WCA regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to reach out before the competition using the contact link on the General Info tab.
- In each event we will have rounds, and we will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed, results will be entered into WCA Live. If your name is highlighted after all the results have been entered, then you have made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help the competition run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order. Please be familiar with which group you are in and bring your cube up when called. You may not be able to compete if you miss your group.
If you are interesting in joining the volunteer staff for this competition, you can apply below:
Staff members are expected to spend most of the day helping out, especially with the following tasks:
- Data entry
In exchange for your hard work, we'll provide snacks and lunch for you during the competition and refund your registration fee after the competition.
Please note that we may receive more staff applications than we are able to accept, so we apologize in advance if you are not selected.
TheCubicle is sponsoring this competition and will be providing prizes for podium winners!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.