Small Cheese 2019
- Dec 30, 2019
- Ferryville, Wisconsin, United States
- Sugar Creek Bible Camp Road, Ferryville, WI 54628
The Manna Center (MC) 1/2 mile back, keep left.
- Organization team
- Christopher Baird
- WCA Delegate
- Joshua Feran
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Parking is very limited: please carpool if at all possible. See the "Venue Information" tab for more info.
Beef soup will be provided for everyone at the competition.
There is no internet service at the venue, and cell reception will be poor if available at all.
On the spot registration fees must be paid in cash.
The main event of this competiton is 3x3 With Feet. We will also be holding an unofficial round of 4x4 With Feet.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 25 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $10 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
On the spot registrations will be accepted with a base registration fee of $15 (United States Dollar).
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Alison Meador won with an average of 30.75 seconds in the 3x3x3 With Feet event. Luke Garrett finished second (34.46) and Carter Kucala finished third (44.38).
|3x3x3 Cube||Luke Garrett||6.28||8.00||United States||11.36||6.28||7.19||8.19||8.61|
|2x2x2 Cube||Carter Kucala||1.30||1.61||United States||1.56||1.30||2.89||1.57||1.71|
|4x4x4 Cube||Henry Lichner||28.98||31.66||United States||32.46||31.84||DNF||30.68||28.98|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Luke Garrett||10.32||12.31||United States||10.32||10.58||13.20||13.15||26.91|
|Skewb||Simon Kellum||2.09||2.61||United States||2.59||2.56||2.69||3.70||2.09|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Joshua Feran||6:51.09||DNF||United States||6:51.09||8:08.97||DNF|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Alison Meador||25.56||30.75||United States||25.56||39.35||33.07||26.12||33.06|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:30.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:30.00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:00:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 With Feet||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Sugar Creek Bible Camp.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Monday (December 30, 2019)
- Before the competition, please watch this great video made by WCA Senior Delegate for USA & Canada Kit Clement with the basics of how it all works.
- The competitors will be split up into groups for competing. You will be assigned a group and you'll be informed of your group number for each event before the competition. On the day of the competition when your group number is called you bring your puzzle up and put it in the box that has a scorecard with your name on it and wait in the competitor waiting area until your name is called.
- It's a good idea to arrive before the scheduled time for your event because if you are not there for the last call you might not be allowed to compete.
- Read the "All Competitors" information below.
- Be familiar with the WCA Regulations specifically Article 2 and Article A. If you are planning to compete in blindsolving events you should also be familiar with Article B, and if you are planning to compete in 3x3 With Feet you should be familiar with Article D.
- We are going to need all the help we can get from volunteer judges throughout the day to make the competition run well. You may judge in any group you are not competing in and it is greatly appreciated! If you do not know how to judge all of the staff members are more than happy to teach you. Parents are welcome to judge too, it's a great way to get a new experience at your child's event!
- Flash photography is NOT allowed because it is distracting to people while they are solving.
- You must NOT talk about the scrambles of an event while it is still in progress.
- Make sure all screens of any cameras or phones you have on the table are facing away from you otherwise this will result in a DNF.
- Please treat the venue with respect, pick up any trash, and keep track of your puzzles. The church is generously allowing us to use the basement free of charge, please be respectful of that so that we can hold competitions here in the future.
- We may add additional rounds to any events if we have extra time.
This competition is in a rural area, local dining options are very limited. Bring leftover Christmas cookies and candies to share! Spectators are welcome to join competitors and staff for lunch, but please make a note of the total count so there will be enough food.
We're looking forward to everyone coming out sharing a meal and having a good time!
The venue is located in Sugar Creek Bible Camp. When you enter the camp keep to the left and follow the road back to the Manna Center. There is a covered outdoor area that can be used if the weather is good. The competition area can be entered through that patio.
We will keep competitors updated on weather and parking as the competition gets closer.
This is where you will find when you will compete closer to the competition.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.