Rocky Top 2022
- Dec 3 - 4, 2022
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
- 1870 Sports World Blvd Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Organization team
- Jacob Ambrose
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Raymond Goslow, and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
We encourage everyone to register for the events they want to compete in via your online registration, however you may add events to your registration up until the event has started.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to incorrect information when registering. In these cases the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided. After 24 hours without a response, the registration will not be accepted until the information is clarified.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus processing fees.
Staff members will have a refunded registration fee. All staff members must pay the registration fee in order to be considered registered. After the competition, staff members will recieve a refund.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||7:00.00||1 attempt to get < 3:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 48 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 72 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Rocky Top Sports World.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Schedule for Saturday (December 03, 2022)
Schedule for Sunday (December 04, 2022)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Ask your Delegates if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction. If you won't be there then please ask a staff member whenever you arrive to give you a rundown of how the competing process will work.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Rocky Top Sports World
1870 Sports World Blvd
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
The competition will be held in The Rock.
We will be using 2 of the basketball courts in the main gym.
Parking is $5.00 a day per car. It is conveniently located near the building. Attendants will point you in the correct direction.
We will post links to book hotels or cabins on this page!
Using this link will help the competition! Please book early as it's a busy weekend in Gatlinburg.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.