Rocky The Ram Cubes 2019
- Sep 14, 2019
- Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
- 1545 Reynolds Park Rd Winston Salem, North Carolina 27110
McNeil Banquet Hall in Anderson Conference Center
- Jane Tyler and Suzanne Tyler
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Please always include your name and what competition you are competing in when contacting us via email.
Please review the information tabs for more info about the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 130 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
- To register for this competition, you must pay in full in advance through Stripe. Your registration is not complete until you pay.
- To cancel your registration, please email the organizers with your name telling them you want to cancel your registration. If you are having trouble paying on the website or any other registration problems, please use the contact button to talk to us.
- After the competition reaches 130 competitors, a waitlist will be created. You must pay to be placed on the waitlist. If you are at the top of the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, you will receive an email from the organizers. You must confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot.
- After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
- If the competition reaches its competitor limit and when registration closes, no additional registrations will be accepted. No exceptions.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Katie Hull||7.63||8.43||United States||7.98||11.58||9.55||7.77||7.63|
|4x4x4 Cube||Katie Hull||28.70||30.48||United States||30.29||30.71||30.45||33.14||28.70|
|5x5x5 Cube||Katie Hull||58.89||1:02.82||United States||1:08.06||1:00.88||58.89||59.53||1:08.95|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Kieran Dizon||11.24||14.53||United States||13.87||16.89||16.55||13.16||11.24|
|Megaminx||Jacob Ambrose||54.46||1:02.57||United States||1:02.52||1:04.63||1:00.57||1:09.57||54.46|
|Pyraminx||Kerry Creech||2.49||2.74||United States||2.49||2.82||3.57||2.86||2.55|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Anderson Conference Center at Winston Salem University.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Schedule for Saturday (September 14, 2019)
^ Links to come.
- Shortly following the new competitor introduction at 9:00, we will also hold a judging tutorial at this time. All competitors should attend this tutorial. If you are a parent and would like to be entertained for the duration of the day, judging would be a great option for you!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- You are expected to help judge. You must judge for at least one group of every event you compete in.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates for this competition are Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of any age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
This video will help explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know. It is highly suggested that parents watch this video as well.
If you have any questions after this video, we will be having a new competitor tutorial in the morning of the competition. That would be the perfect time to ask those questions and clear up any confusion.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the registration tab, click register, and fill out the information it asks for. This will help you get set up the WCA's system and one step closer to your first official solve!
* Please bring some for of identification. This will be used to verify your name, birthday, and nationality. (something like a passport or school ID).
* Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
* In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps. Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
* Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call. Please come bring your solved puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. You can click on a tab at the bottom to see groups on a specific day.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete.
Q: What are some examples of puzzles that are not allowed?
A: Electronic cubes (such as Giiker or Gan360i), carbon fiber stickers, significantly damaged stickers, faces missing stickers (note: completely stickerless cubes are allowed), cubes missing pieces. Please see Article A of the regulations for more details.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: What is the competition like?
A: Competitions are a bunch of tables where nerds like us get to sit and discuss our favorite thing, Cubes! Of course in addition there is competing, which will occupy one side of the competition hall, where you will see lots of timers flickering with contestants new personal bests. Most competitions have a break for lunch, and the competing is split up into groups, as to better organize who competes when. (Check the Groups tab and listen at the competition for more info on this.)
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about 2nd and 3rd rounds of events.
Q: Why am I not on the competitors list yet?
A: Allow up to 48 hours for your name to appear on the competitors list. Make sure you pay you entrance fee in order to be automatically placed on the registered list, which will also guarantee you a spot in the competition. You must also pay to be put on the waitlist. If payment may be any issue, or you are not sure if you can attend, use the contact button to talk to us.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All cometitors compete in the same group.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
Room Details: Go in the large doors at the back of the Anderson Conference Center, on the lower floor. Follow the hallway immediately on the left to the elevator and go up to the top floor. Follow the hallway to the McNeil Banquet Hall on the right.
Parking: Park at the back of the Anderson Conference Center. Your GPS will take you to the front intrance, just keep going around to the right.
Lunch: Lunch is not provided, but there are serveral restaurants nearby. https://www.google.com/maps/search/Restaurantsemail@example.com,-80.2333479,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!2m7!3m6!1sRestaurants!2s1545+Reynolds+Park+Rd,+Winston-Salem,+NC+27110!3s0x8853aefbbb6fff09:0xb44d8ac16f14a33a!4m2!1d-80.2245931!2d36.0870951
Airport: The nearest airport is the GSO PTI airport.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list to be notified about future North Carolina competitions, please fill out this form.
Anyone can join the mailing list, we encourage parents/guardians to join as well. This mailing list is run by local Delegates and therefore is not official.
This competition is proudly sponsored by:
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.