Please Be Quiet Brisbane 2023
- Apr 1 - 2, 2023
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Northside Christian College
- 151 Flockton St, Everton Park QLD 4053, Australia
Music Room 1
- Conan Mo, Ming Dao Ting, and Speedcubing Australia
- WCA Delegates
- Conan Mo, David McLean, Hao Do, and Nathan Seeto
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Please note, this competition includes only blindfolded events, clock and FMC. If you are interested in non-blindfolded events we recommend signing up to the Speedcubing Australia mailing list to be notified as new competitions are announced.
Competitors are strongly encouraged to bring a guest who is familiar with the process of judging blindfolded solving.
This will be allocated on a first-come-first serve basis in order of payment.
We are on Facebook and Instagram!
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 30 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $35 (Australian Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
Upon registering you will receive an email stating “Your registration for Please Be Quiet Brisbane 2023 is submitted and pending approval”. This does NOT mean that you are on the registration list. Competitors will not be approved until payment has been made.
Please ensure you have paid the registration fees via Stripe on the register page. Your registration is not complete and will not be processed until you have paid the $35 registration fee. Contact the organisational team if you encounter an issue.
- Once the competitor limit of 30 has filled, the waiting list will be opened.
- You must pay the $35 registration fee to be added to the waiting list.
- New registrations will be added to a waitlist and sorted in the order of payment.
- Waitlisted competitors will only be added to the competition if an existing competitors withdraws.
- All competitors still on the waiting list after March 24 will be removed and provided with a full refund.
- You may enquire about your position on the waiting list by contacting the organisational team.
- If you can no longer make the competition you may request a refund.
- To receive a full refund you must contact the organisational team by March 24.
- Withdrawing enables us to maximise attendance and for competitors on the waiting list to attend.
You may change the events you are registered on the Register tab by March 24. After this date it is not possible to add further events. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- Once the competitor limit of 30 has filled, the waiting list will be opened.
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:00:00.00 cumulative *|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:30:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo2||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Northside Christian College.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Australia/Brisbane.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (April 01, 2023)
Schedule for Sunday (April 02, 2023)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I change my events?
You must make any change to your registered events by March 24. You can change your events via the competition registration page.
Q. What time should I arrive at the competition?
You should arrive for registration between 9:30 - 9:50am if you are competing in multiblind. You should be at the venue ready to compete 30 minutes before you are scheduled. Please note the schedule is subject to change on the day.
Q. How old do I have to be to compete?
Anyone can compete at any age! We encourage anyone considering to compete to register as it will be a great experience regardless of age.
Q. How fast do I have to be to compete?
To compete you only need to know how to solve the cube! Please check the events tab for information on time limits for each event.
Q. What do I need to know before the competition day?
Before attending you should have read and understood the WCA regulations. We also recommend that you watch this helpful competitor guide and read this competition tutorial. You should also know when your events are scheduled throughout the day.
Q. How do I find out if I've progressed to the second round?
Times will be uploaded through the day. Please allow up to an hour from finishing your solves to them being uploaded. After all the times of a round has been entered, you can see if you are in the following round.
Q. Who can I ask for help on the day?
Your WCA Delegates for this competition are Nathan Seeto, Conan Mo, Hao Do, David McLean and Jayden McNeill, and the competition organisers are Ming Dao Ting - feel free to ask them any questions you may have on the day.
Q. Can I help on the day?
Of course! Throughout the day we will need judges and runners so please see any delegates or Ming.
Q. How do I find out about other upcoming competitions in Australia?
You can find out about upcoming competitions in Australia by signing up to the Speedcubing Australia mailing list.
Q. Where can I ask other questions?
The organisational team can answer all your questions.
ATT: If you've been to Northside for a comp before, THIS ONE IS IN A DIFFERENT BUILDING.
Northside Christian College shares a campus with Nexus Church, and there is ample parking on site. The best place to park is Car Park 7 or 8, as shown on the map below.
The two competition rooms are located in the CINC building (Centre for Innovation and Creativity), which is the newest looking sandstone building on the campus.
There are also several restaurants and shops at Northwest Plaza, 500m down the road on Flockton Street, including Pizza Hut, Subway and Coffee Club.
Live results will be provided via WCALive. It may take up to an hour between times being set and them appearing online.
You can register for Team Blind with this link. Please submit one form per team.
Team Blind Guidelines
Team Blind is an event where a team of two competitors cooperatively solve the 3x3 cube. One competitor, the "caller," communicates what moves to do to the other competitor, the "solver," who performs the moves.
* At least one team member must be registered for this competition.
* There is a cumulative 10 minute time limit and the format is BO3 (best of 3 solves)
* Judges' decisions are final
Instructions for Team Blind
We will follow the WCA Regulations as best as possible. The relevant changes are:
Starting/Stopping the solve
1. The solver must have a blindfold on before the inspection period begins.
2. The competitors will be given the usual 15 seconds of inspection with warnings at 8 and 12. Both members can touch the cube during this time and both competitors can communicate
3. Only the solver may start/stop the timer.
During the solve
1. Unlike blindfold solving, no paper will be placed between the solver and the cube. Because of this, the solver should place the cube so that the blindfold is clearly obstructing the line of sight, but this will not be enforced. Competitors who violate this rule and peek out from the blindfold will be disqualified, as expected.
2. Both competitors may talk to each other (and the judge) during the solve, but not to anyone else.
3. At no point during the solve can the caller touch the cube.
4. Please speak at a reasonable volume during the solve and try not to eavesdrop on other pairs!
This event will not be recorded on your WCA profile so have fun :3
Groups for this competition can be found here
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.