Pikes Peak Returns A 2021
- Nov 13, 2021
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Discovery Canyon Campus
- 1810 North Gate Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921, USA
Cafeteria. Enter through K-5 entrance, follow signs to right.
- Organization team
- Zachary Miller
- WCA Delegate
- Calvin Nielson
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Masks are required in the venue at all times. If you cannot wear a mask, please do not register for this competition.
You may only attend the competition with 1 spectator maximum. If you register with more than one guest, your registration will be rejected.
THIS IS A TWIN COMPETITION. YOU MAY ONLY SIGN UP FOR ONE (EITHER A OR B) OF THE COMPETITIONS.
This competition will take place on Saturday. There will be an identical competition also occuring on Sunday, which you can find here.
This competition will be following unique precautions to protect competitors and spectators against COVID-19. We kindly ask you to read the Competitor Responsibilities and COVID-19 Safety tab before registering.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the competitor limit for this competition is 50 competitors. Competitors are being asked to bring only one spectator maximum to the competition, and if possible, to attend alone.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 50 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registration requirements listed here are for this competition only. Other competitions may have different registration requirements.
How to Pay/Payment Structure
All registration payments are to be made by card via Stripe. There will be a box to pay this fee after you fill out your registration,
How to Withdraw/Alter Registration
Registered competitors may withdraw/alter their registration until November 5, 2021 at 6:00 PM MST by emailing the organization team (via the contact link above) the following:
1. Statement of intent to withdraw/alter registration.
2. Changes to registration (if applicable).
3. Name (and WCA ID, if applicable) of the competitor.
If registration fills up, we will place competitors on a waitlist. In the event a competitor drops from the competition, competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order we receive payment. Competitors can be accepted from the waitlist until November 9, 2021, 11:59 PM MST. You will receive a full refund if you are still on the waitlist by then.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Samuel Weber||7.26||9.54||United States||7.35||10.88||11.24||10.40||7.26|
|2x2x2 Cube||Miles Walcott||2.08||3.18||United States||4.69||2.31||4.03||2.08||3.19|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Reid James Sungy||1:44.63||DNF||United States||1:44.63||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Calvin Nielson||18.06||19.14||United States||19.04||18.36||18.06||20.02||23.09|
|Skewb||Estevan Lujan||4.30||5.13||United States||5.33||4.55||8.18||4.30||5.52|
|Square-1||Calvin Nielson||7.56||10.08||United States||11.92||7.56||9.96||15.38||8.36|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:15.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 15.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 35.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Discovery Canyon Campus.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Boise.
Schedule for Saturday (November 13, 2021)
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
Before the competition, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event in an email. We will be relying on competitors to help by judging whenever they are not competing, especially with our small competition size. Judging is very easy, and is a great way to make time fly!
We will provide a judging and competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day, right before the start of 3x3, which will also overview our new procedures. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help.
We will need help judging for the second/final rounds of events as we can not assign staff for those in advance. Spectators are encouraged to learn how to judge; you do not need to know how to cube in order to be a great judge. Having enough judges ensures that we stay on schedule and are able to leave on time.
Due to ongoing circumstances, the organizing team is enforcing restrictions during the competition which will impact the running of the competition. Here are the most important changes.
- Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
- The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
- Masks are REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES, and must cover over the nose and mouth. There will be NO exceptions to this policy, as this is a mandate by Academy School District 20.
- Food and drink will be discouraged. If possible, please eat or drink outside of the venue.
- We encourage competitors to bring their own pen to the competition.
- When not competing, competitors and spectators should attempt to socially distance whenever possibly by keeping 6 feet away from others. We also encourage you not to share puzzles with other competitors.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfection wipes will be widely avaliable for use at the competitor's pleasure. Organizers will encourage throughout the day to utilize these items.
- The competition will be using a fixed seating system, rather than a standard waiting area. This means when you compete, you will complete all of your attempts in one sitting with the same judge. instead of being called to a different station for each attempt. You will submit your cube at your station, rather than at a designated table. The venue is arranged where there will be one competitor at each table, rather than 2.
- After every attempt, rather than the judge putting the puzzle in the cover, the competitor is asked to put the cube into the cover at the end of the attempt. The judge will only put in the scorecard.
- After you finish competing, you or your judge will disinfect the station with a disinfection wipe.
- Officials and staff will be following special procedures to continue to lower chance of transmission of COVID-19, such as utilizing sanitizer frequently and distancing.
You may find our full mitigation procedures using our Risk Management Plan
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE.
This event is open to cubers of any age and experience. For those of you new to cubing, welcome! We just ask that you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here.
Secondly, we are having new and unusual procedures at this competition due to the still ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The organizing team is currently preparing a video to showcase these new procedures that competitors will be required to follow during the competition. We hope to have a comprehensive video showing the competition experience, the usual questions, along with some other common covid related questions soon.
For now, we ask you to reference the following documents to get an idea of these revised procedures.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
Q: Are there any restrictions on competing?
A: Nope! Outside of the restriction on spectators, anyone of any skill can compete in this competition, including first-timers. As long as you know how to solve the cube, go ahead and sign up!
Q: Do spectators have to pay?
A: No! All spectators are let into building for free, but keep in mind you can only bring one!
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: Yes! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. We heavily discourage borrowing or sharing other people's cubes at the competition.
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to wca.link/live to find information about current events.
Q: Why am I not on the registration list yet?
A: When you register, make sure you have paid the registration fee. Afterwards, your registration must then be manually accepted, so please wait at least 24 hours before contacting us. You should receive an email when your registration is accepted.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can cube!
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: No! All competitors are on an equal playing field.
Q: Do I have to wear a face covering at this competition?
A. Yes, face coverings are required in the venue due to a venue mandate. Please remember a face covering and bring it to the competition!
Q: Is a negative COVID-19 test, or a vaccination required?
A: No! We are not requiring this at this event. However, we heavily encourage all competitors and spectators over the age of 12 to receive a COVID-19 vaccination before attending this competition. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
Q: Why can I not bring more than one spectator to the competition?
A. Due to venue size, we are setting a 100 person limit in the venue to make sure guests can socially distance from one another during the competition. Because of this, competitors must either bring only one spectator, or attend the competition alone. The organizing team strongly reccomends the latter.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us by using the contact links on the general info page!
Discovery Canyon Campus
1810 North Gate Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80921
The cafeteria is located between the Elementary and Middle Schools, just by the westernmost lot. Going through the tube, the doors, and taking a right will lead to the cafeteri
The nearest airport is Colorado Springs Airport, around 30 minutes to the south. We also reccomend the Denver Airport, around an hour to the north.
The event is not providing food. Competitors and spectators are responsible for finding food as needed. There are various restaurants open around a half mile to a mile away, such as Dominos Pizza and Chick Fil A.
We are looking for individuals willing to volunteer their time to create a successful competition for our community!.
Help setup the venue at 7:00 AM and cleanup the venue at the end of the competition
Complete tasks as assigned, including judging attempts, running cubes, scrambling puzzles, and entering times into WCA Live.
The application will open after registration closes.
Thank you for your interest!
If you would like to be notified of future competitions in the state of Colorado, please sign up for the Mile High Speedcubing newsletter! This newsletter will notify you of future competitions in the state of Colorado when they are announced, and will provide you with monthly updates with news and results.
Updated as of 10/29/2021
Because we are currently on a waitlist for Pikes Peak Summer A, this tab will serve as an update for the waitlist to allow competitors to view waitlist demand. The waitlist is ordered by time of payment.
Competitors currently on waitlist - 25
Andres Patrick Cisneros Mcgehan
Adrian seibold #
Nick McCallister #
Gordon Caufield #
9 competitors not listed (not paid)
- an asterick * means a competitor is already accepted for Sunday. If accepted, competitor will be given option to switch competitions, or recieve refund.
- # means the competitor is waitlisted for both competitions, they will be accepted for the first avaliable spot for each competition. If the competitor is off the waitlist for both competitions, they will choose which competition to compete in
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.