Indianapolis Cubes 2019
- Mar 16, 2019
- Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station
- 123 W Louisiana St, Indianapolis, IN 46225, USA
The competition is in the Illinois Street Ballroom
- Tyler Brodzinski
- WCA Delegate
- Joshua Feran
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 130 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Andy Denney won with an average of 7.65 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Lucas Etter finished second (8.04) and Luke Griesser finished third (8.83).
|3x3x3 Cube||Andy Denney||6.80||7.65||United States||7.39||6.80||8.20||7.54||8.02|
|2x2x2 Cube||Lucas Etter||1.35||1.63||United States||1.48||1.62||1.79||1.35||1.99|
|4x4x4 Cube||Lucas Etter||28.21||31.16||United States||32.71||28.21||30.21||30.56||32.75|
|5x5x5 Cube||Aryan Kejriwal||51.97||55.51||United States||58.33||51.97||54.95||53.25||59.79|
|6x6x6 Cube||Aryan Kejriwal||1:33.09||1:38.65||United States||1:33.09||1:38.08||1:44.77|
|7x7x7 Cube||Aryan Kejriwal||2:01.28||2:14.88||United States||2:01.28||2:25.35||2:18.01|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 60% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||3:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:30.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||7:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo1 / Mo3||4:30.00||1 attempt to get < 2:45.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||8:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo1 / Mo3||7:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Downtown Union Station.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Adak.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (March 16, 2019)
For Parking, I suggest using ParkWhiz for options surrounding the venue.
- Please be familiar with the WCA Regulations.
- Please remember that there is NO flash photography allowed. It is distracting to competitors and against the regulations. Also, make sure all cameras used at the solving stations have their screens faced away from the competitors or the result will be a DNF.
- 60% of competitors move on to round 2 of 3x3. 16 competitors make finals of 3x3. In all other events (each consisting of 2 rounds), 12 competitors make finals.
* Please watch this WCA Competitor Tutorial made by Kit Clement and Chris Olson to better familiarize yourself with how competitions work.
* All competitors will be divided into groups for each event that they are competing in. When the group that you are in is called, you will bring your puzzle up to a table with scorecards for all competitors in that group, and you will place your puzzle on top of the scorecard with your name on it.
We are excited to announce Cube Depot will be sponsoring this competition with gift cards for all podiums!
You can visit Cube Depot here!
There are numerous options of food surrounding the venue within downtown Indianapolis. Food WILL NOT be provided or offered at the venue, please make alternate arrangements.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.