Grind City 2019
- Mar 2, 2019
- Memphis, Tennessee, United States
- 1350 Concourse Ave, Memphis, TN 38104
- Alex Agranov, Jacob Ambrose, and Walter Spickler
- WCA Delegates
- Jacob Ambrose, Jared Stinson, Joshua Feran, Katie Hull, and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Clock is a tentative event and will be held if time permits.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 80 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
If you are having issues using Stripe payments, you can alternatively use PayPal. Please contact the organizers if you are experiencing issues.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foriegn contry and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
If you would like to be on staff for this competition, please contact Jacob Ambrose.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Dylan Miller||5.56||7.65||United States||12.52||6.56||6.47||5.56||9.91|
|2x2x2 Cube||Katie Hull||2.40||2.66||United States||3.08||2.40||2.49||2.61||2.88|
|4x4x4 Cube||Katie Hull||27.91||31.13||United States||33.48||34.34||27.91||28.91||30.99|
|5x5x5 Cube||Zachary White||58.15||1:02.40||United States||58.15||1:01.93||1:01.77||1:10.48||1:03.50|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Joshua Feran||1:13.43||DNF||United States||1:13.43||1:29.80||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Eli Parker||10.08||12.31||United States||13.82||12.46||10.64||10.08||14.24|
|Megaminx||Jared Stinson||43.37||49.55||United States||56.34||43.37||53.77||45.96||48.91|
|Pyraminx||Tripp Cox||1.98||3.19||United States||4.02||3.43||2.45||1.98||3.70|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:45.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||7:30.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Ao5||1:30.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||7:30.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Crosstown High School.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Adak.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (March 02, 2019)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is ending, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates for this competition is Jacob Ambrose and Katie Hull. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 10:00. If you won't be there on by then, then please ask a staff member whenever you arrive to give you a rundown of how the competing process will work.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Crosstown High School
1350 Concourse Ave,
Memphis, TN 38104
Crosstown High School can be found on the 4th Floor of the Crosstown Concourse. (https://crosstownconcourse.com/) Elevators to the 4th Floor can be accessed from the CENTRAL ATRIUM lobby. Signs to the elevators will be posted.
Please arrive at 1350 Concourse Avenue and park in the free parking garage or surface lot. Make your way to the Central Atrium and take the stairs or elevator to the 4th floor. Look for the set of freestanding lockers in the NE corner of the atrium and enter through the set of tall, white doors next to the lockers.
*If you put "Crosstown High" into your mapping software, it will send you to our student entrance and there is no parking there. Please set your course to "Crosstown Concourse" instead and give yourself a few extra minutes to navigate parking and way-finding if this is your first time coming to us.
Free parking is available in the Concourse Parking Garage
Available for Purchase in the Crosstown Concourse or from nearby restaurants
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.