SJT412 (Silver Jubilee Tower)
Online registration opened and closed .
Participation fee (for participating): 200 INR
Fee per category: 50 INR
So if you are participating in 3 events, fees will be 200 + (3x50) = 350.
Steps to register
1. After registering on the WCA Website, open the Gravitaas website (LINK) and select the event 'Gravitas Cube Open 2018'.
2. Click register and select 'Non VITians' option to register in VIT website.
3. After clicking on non-vitians, in the next page of the form you need to fill all your details required for external participant to register and click on register. You can find a sample here. (Even if you're not a faculty or student, you can register as a student and you can give some random data if the field is not applicable to you, e.g., 'Department name').
4. All the details that you filled will be displayed and it will ask you whether to confirm your registration or not. (SAMPLE)
5. A message displaying that your registration is confirmed will be shown. (SAMPLE)
6. After registering for the fest, you need to login in order to register for the event you want to participate in so you should enter your e-mail id and password in order to login. (SAMPLE)
7. All the categories of the events will be mentioned from which you need to choose technical events to register for Gravitas Cube Open. (SAMPLE)
8. After choosing technical option as the option, all the events under technical section will be visible from where you can click on register option in order to register for Gravitas Cube Open. (SAMPLE)
9. After this, “your event has been successfully registered” will be displayed on the screen with the list of all other events you can register. (SAMPLE)
10. After registering for the event, you can view you pending payment in the payments option and complete your participation fee alone (200 INR) from there. (SAMPLE)
12. On the competition day, you can pay the rest of the fee (50 x number of events) at the registration desk of VIT. Make sure you reach atleast 30-45 minutes before your event for the registration as it will take a lot of time at the registration counter due to many formalities.
NOTE: All the steps are mandatory for registration, you won't be able to participate without completing all the steps.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Combined First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Combined Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:45.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Combined Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Combined Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 8:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Combined First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Combined Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|Clock||Combined Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|Megaminx||Combined Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:15.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||Combined Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||45:00.00 cumulative *|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue VIT University.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Kolkata.
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of ANY age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
Of course, those regulations contain a lot of legalese, so we have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the 'Registration & Payment' tab and it will guide you to the registration.
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. This means you should bring your own cube.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page within a week after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to Cubecomps.com to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about upcoming rounds of events. Remember, the results are entered by a human so please be patient if you do not see your results immediately.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete together.
Q: I want to attend, or I have friends/family who want to attend, but not compete. Do they need to pay as well?
A: No. All spectators are free to view the competition at no cost. There is payment only to compete. But in some cases, venue will be having restriction to allow spectators depending on the competition.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
If you have any further queries, please do mail the organizers & delegates.
Nearest railway station - Katpadi Junction (KPD)
It's 2.5 km from the venue. You can take bus number 1 and 2 and get down at chittoor local bus stop take an auto.
Nearest major bus stop - Vellore New Bus stand
It's 7 km from the venue. You can take bus number 1 and 2 and get down at chittoor local bus stop take an auto.
Nearest airport - Chennai airport
If you are looking for accommodation during the event, VIT can provide you with accommodation if you want. Kindly note the following points:
Please follow the link given for further details: http://www.vit.ac.in/files/gravitas18/accomodation.html
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a combined round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.