Get Even Mt Eden 2022
- Apr 9, 2022
- Auckland, New Zealand
Dominion Road School Hall
- Dominion Road School, 14 Quest Terrace, Mount Roskill, Auckland, 1041
- Get Even Mt Eden 2022 website
- Ashley Foster, Joshua Brungar, Liam Wadek, and Speedcubing New Zealand
- WCA Delegates
- Alex Asbery and Luke Heath-Edwards
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Get Even Mt Eden 2022 is an official World Cube Association (WCA) sanctioned speedcubing competition. Speedcubing is solving the 3x3x3 Cube or other similar puzzles as quickly as possible. The competition is open to all competitors regardless of experience and skill, but certain event-based time limits will be in place so as to make sure we can stay on schedule and get through the days on time. No prior experience in WCA competitions is necessary, but competitors should be familiar with the WCA regulations.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 60 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (New Zealand Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Payment is made via the external website with two options to pay, either bank transfer or Paypal.
If registration fills up, a waiting list will be created. The conditions to make it off the waiting list are that a spot opens up (someone else pulls out) and payment is completed.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|2x2x2 Cube||Alexander Vujcich||1.63||2.57||New Zealand||1.63||3.28||4.95||1.97||2.45|
|4x4x4 Cube||Angela Braganza||29.56||30.95||New Zealand||30.10||30.73||32.01||29.56||33.97|
|6x6x6 Cube||Angela Braganza||1:56.72||1:59.21||New Zealand||1:58.76||1:56.72||2:02.14|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Tom Nelson||1:55.80||DNF||New Zealand||DNF||1:55.80||DNF|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 30 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 20 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||6:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||45:00.00 cumulative *|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Dominion Road School Hall.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Pacific/Auckland.
Schedule for Saturday (April 09, 2022)
2x2x2 One-Handed will be held at this competition with the help of Speedcubing Extra Events
- You should be familiar with the Extra Events Regulations
- You should be registered to Get Even Mt Eden 2022 through the WCA before registering for the Extra Event
- Participation in this extra event is free
- Registration for the extra event is available on the Extra Events website
- The extra event is viewable in the WCA schedule for this competition
2x2x2 One-Handed Information:
- Regulations are based on the 2x2x2 Cube and 3x3x3 One-Handed
- Suspicious activity may result in a time penalty, at the discretion of the judge
Q. How can I change my events?
A. You must make any change to your registered events by 05/04/2021. Contact the organisational team detailing your event changes.
Q. What time should I arrive at the competition?
A. You should be at the venue ready to compete at least 30 minutes before your first scheduled event, however if you wish to turn up earlier and help with the competition then please do. Please note the schedule is subject to change on the day.
Q. How old do I have to be to compete?
A. Anyone can compete at any age! We encourage anyone considering to compete to register as it will be a great experience regardless of age.
Q. How fast do I have to be to compete?
A. To compete you only need to know how to solve the cube! Please check the events tab for information in time limits for each event.
Q. What do I need to know before the competition day?
A. Before attending you should have read and understood the WCA regulations. You should also know when your events are scheduled throughout the day.
Video Competitor Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPL3eV-A0ww
Written Competitor Tutorial: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/edudoc/competitor-tutorial/tutorial.pdf
Q. How do I find out if I've progressed to the second round?
A. Times will be uploaded throughout the competition to WCA live. Please allow up to an hour from finishing your solves to them being uploaded. After all the times of a round have been entered, you can see if you are in the following round.
Q. Who can I ask for help on the day?
A. Your Delegates for this competition are Alex Asbery and Luke Heath-Edwards feel free to ask them any questions you may have on the day.
Q. Can I help on the day?
A. Of course! Throughout the day we will need judges and runners so please see our Delegates to ask how you can best assist.
Q. Where can I ask other questions?
A. The organisational team can answer all your questions through the contact link on the info page. You can also find the delegate email addresses on the WCA website.
- If you are sick or feeling unwell please stay home, you will be turned away at the door.
- We will ask all attendees if they are required to be in self isolation. If you are please do not come to the competition as you will also be turned away.
Additional restrictions that will be in place for this competition:
- A valid vaccine pass must be supplied at the entrance to the venue for all attendees over the age of 12 Years and 3 months in accordance with the current restrictions in place for events under the COVID Protection Framework
- Masks are strongly encouraged at all times while in the venue for those 12 years of age or over, this includes while you are competing
- Hand sanitiser will be available for use at the puzzle hand in table and mandatory for those at the scrambling table
- All competitors and guests must sign in using the NZ COVID Tracer App or pen and paper alternative when entering the venue
- The layout of the venue has been very carefully planned to enable proper social distancing in both the competing and spectators area. You are very strongly encouraged to keep 1 metre socially distant while within the venue
- This competition will be run with fixed stations to limit the exposure between competitors.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.