GA Cubers Summer Blast 2018
- Jul 14, 2018
- Dunwoody, Georgia, United States
Dunwoody Community Church
- 2250 Dunwoody Club Dr, Atlanta, GA 30350
In the theater, through the double doors to the right of the entrance
- Jacob Ambrose and Katie Hull
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
1.) Click on the "Register" tab on the left side of the screen and register for the competition. In the comment section, please include the name, as it appears on PayPal, of the person who is paying for your registration.
2.) Click on "Click Here to Pay" below to pay via Paypal. In order to complete your registration, you MUST pre-pay.
3.) In 48 hours, if you do NOT see your name on the competitors list (the tab on the left side of the screen that says "Competitors"), then please send an email to the contact on the "General Info" tab. Failure to do any of these steps may result in a delay in registration.
Please note that there will be NO at-the-door registration!
To receive a refund for your registration, please email the organizers indicating that you are cancelling your registration - including your Paypal Receipt before registration closes on July 8th.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Nicolás Sánchez won with an average of 7.67 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Jared Stinson finished second (8.98) and Sean Hartman finished third (9.02).
|3x3x3 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez||6.28||7.67||United States||7.97||11.76||8.25||6.28||6.79|
|2x2x2 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez||1.97||2.53||United States||3.31||1.97||4.45||2.06||2.21|
|5x5x5 Cube||Sean Hartman||57.51||1:05.06||United States||1:10.00||1:14.71||59.01||57.51||1:06.16|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Tien Tran||41.64||DNF||United States||DNF||49.64||41.64|
|Clock||Jacob Ambrose||5.61||6.71||United States||6.20||9.99||7.54||5.61||6.39|
|Pyraminx||Kevin Min||2.05||3.53||Republic of Korea||2.86||4.73||4.55||3.17||2.05|
|Square-1||Katie Hull||10.62||11.92||United States||10.95||10.62||14.84||13.18||11.63|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00|
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 8:20.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event, we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed, results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
- We will be giving participation awards to each new competitor. After you are done competing, please see Katie Hull or Jacob Ambrose to receive your award.
- Shortly following the new competitor introduction at 8:20, we will also hold a judging tutorial. All competitors should attend this tutorial. If you are a parent and would like to be entertained for the duration of the day, judging would be a great option for you!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates and organizers for this competition is Katie Hull and Jacob Ambrose. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
Dunwoody Community Church
2250 Dunwoody Club Dr
Atlanta, GA 30350
Note: This is the same venue as Whale Sounds 2018 and Atlanta Subdivisions 2018
In the theater, through the double doors to the right of the main entrance
Lunch: and Hotels:
Details to come soon!
All Information on this tab regarding Cutoffs, Time Limits, Proceeding Competitors, and Number of Rounds are approximations and will be updated 1 week before the competition.
|Event||Format||Round||Cutoff Time||Time Limit||Competitors|
|3x3x3 Cube||Ao5||Round 1||5:00|
|Ao5||Round 2||5:00||Top 75%|
|2x2x2 Cube||Ao5||Round 1||1:00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined First||3:00||7:30|
|Ao5||Tentative Final||1:00||Top 8|
|Square-1||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined First||:50||2:00|
|Ao5||Tentative Final||2:00||Top 8|
Format- Ao5 = Average of 5 (where the best and worst solves are not counted in the average), Bo3 = Best of 3, Bo2 = Best of 2
Cutoff- Rounds with a cutoff will have an additional best of 2 format where competitors will have 2 attempts to achieve a time under the cutoff. If the comeptitor does then they will be awarded more attempts to compelete the average.
Time Limit - Any attempt in the round exceeding this time will be awarded a DNF. For "WCA" Time limits, it is dependent on the regulations for that event.
The Number of Competitors moving on to the subsequent rounds may change based on if the competition is ahead or behind schedule.
|8:00 - 8:20||Set-Up|
|8:20 - 8:30||New Competitor Introduction|
|8:30 - 9:20||2x2 Round 1|
|9:20 - 10:10||Pyraminx Round 1|
|10:10 - 11:10||3x3 Round 1|
|11:10 - 12:00||Square-1 Round 1|
|12:00 - 1:00||Lunch|
|12:00 - 1:00||3x3 Blindfolded Final|
|1:00 - 2:15||5x5 Round 1|
|2:15 - 3:15||Clock Round 1|
|3:15 - 4:00||3x3 Round 2|
|4:00 - 4:15||2x2 Final|
|4:15 - 4:30||Pyraminx Final|
|4:30 - 5:00||5x5 Final|
|5:00 - 5:15||3x3 Final|
|5:15 - 6:00||Awards/Clean-Up|
We will revise the Schedule 1 week prior to the competition to reflect the number of people competing.
All times are tentative and subject to change if we are ahead or behind schedule.
We may add rounds of events if we run far ahead of schedule.
Prizes for this competition will be provided by theCubicle.us! They will provide gift card codes for the winners!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.