CubingUSA Georgia Championship 2018
- Dec 14 - 16, 2018
- Athens, Georgia, United States
- 300 N Thomas Street, Athens, Georgia 30601
Grand Hall 2-5
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, and Katie Hull
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, Jared Stinson, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is the State Championship for Georgia, USA. Winners in each event from Georgia will recieve an award and the title of State Champion.
Friday will be held in Parthenon 1. Saturday and Sunday will be held in Grand Hall 2-5.
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $35 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foriegn contry and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Nicolás Sánchez won with an average of 8.79 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Zachary Ochs finished second (9.15) and Katie Hull finished third (9.45).
|3x3x3 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez||6.69||8.79||United States||8.62||6.69||11.77||8.06||9.69|
|2x2x2 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez||1.44||1.62||United States||1.44||1.49||1.81||1.56||4.72|
|4x4x4 Cube||Nicolás Sánchez||30.35||34.39||United States||32.19||30.35||38.04||36.20||34.78|
|5x5x5 Cube||Zachary White||1:01.86||1:02.89||United States||1:03.83||1:02.84||1:01.86||1:11.36||1:01.99|
|6x6x6 Cube||Jared Stinson||1:48.61||1:58.80||United States||2:09.70||1:58.09||1:48.61|
|7x7x7 Cube||Zachary White||2:41.39||2:49.34||United States||2:59.50||2:41.39||2:47.12|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry||23.44||25.77||United States||24.16||23.44||29.71|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Raymond Goslow||25||28.67||United States||30||31||25|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Kieran Dizon||11.89||14.25||United States||18.22||11.89||13.71||15.96||13.09|
|Clock||Kerry Creech||5.47||7.20||United States||6.77||9.27||5.47||7.23||7.61|
|Megaminx||Jared Stinson||40.38||45.22||United States||45.21||40.38||48.05||52.04||42.41|
|Pyraminx||Kerry Creech||2.40||3.95||United States||4.82||2.40||3.35||4.83||3.69|
|Skewb||Kevin Min||2.86||3.57||Republic of Korea||2.86||3.36||3.49||3.86||4.33|
|Square-1||Zachary Ochs||9.52||11.16||United States||12.36||9.52||11.13||12.45||9.99|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Raymond Goslow||6:55.79||DNF||United States||DNF||6:55.79||DNF|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Tommy Cherry||5:18.83||DNF||United States||DNF||5:18.83||DNF|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Noah Feld||11/13 50:33||United States||11/13 50:33|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Tommy Cherry||20.12||29.02||United States||23.45||20.12||37.81||31.82||31.80|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||6:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:30:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:30:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final **|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||6:30.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Classic Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Adak.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Friday (December 14, 2018)
Schedule for Saturday (December 15, 2018)
Schedule for Sunday (December 16, 2018)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates for this competition are Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, Jared Stinson, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, and Zachary White. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- For a quick introduction to how to compete you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
300 N Thomas Street,
Athens, Georgia 30601
Parthenon Room (Friday)
Grand Hall 2-5 (Saturday and Sunday)
Available in the Classic City Parking Deck.
Rates at the time of writing are $1.50/hour and $8 maximum for 1 day.
The Classic Center is in downtown Athens. There is a variety of options for everyone.
There are many hotel options in Athens.
ATL Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is the closest option (about a 1.5 Hour drive to athens)
If you are interested in being on staff, please contact one of the delegates.
Staff for this competition will still need to pay the registration fee.
- Staff will receive lunch Saturday and Sunday.
- Staff will receive snacks.
- Staff will receive a competition T-Shirt if T-Shirts are created.
- Staff may receive a partial refund if the competition receives enough competitors.
This is the Georgia 2018 state championship. The top-ranking resident in each event will be recognized by CubingUSA as the Georgia State Champion. This competition is open to all competitors, but only residents of Georgia may be awarded the title of state champion.
Information about CubingUSA's State Championship and Awards Policy
In order to be eligible to win a title, you need to log in to the CubingUSA website with your WCA account and select your home state before the competition. You may be asked to verify your residency at the competition. The deadline to select residency for this competition is December 8th.
Prizes for this competition will be provided by thecubicle.com! They will provide gift card codes for the podium winners!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced across rounds (see Guideline A1a2++).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.