Fountain City Holiday Special 2023
- Dec 9, 2023
- Columbus, Georgia, United States
- 7490 Old Moon Rd, Columbus, GA 31909
The HUB at Calvary
- Organization team
- Alan Smith, CubingUSA Treasurer, and Eli Smith
- WCA Delegates
- Raymond Goslow and Roman Wofford
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 60 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
Registrations are accepted manually, so please be patient while waiting for your name to appear on the competitor list after you submit payment for your registration. Your registration is not complete until you pay. If you still do not see your name on the competitor list 24 hours after submitting your payment, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue. You do not have a confirmed spot at the competition until you receive an email with the subject line: "Your registration for Fountain City Holiday Special 2023 has been accepted." Any travel plans that you make before receiving the acceptance email are at your own risk.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still submit payment for your registration in order to be put on the waiting list. If you are first on the waiting list and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers notifying you that you are being accepted into the competition. After the competition, all competitors left on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost, minus processing fees.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||7:30.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:30.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue The HUB at Calvary.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (December 09, 2023)
- Please be present at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time for each event you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event. If we get ahead of schedule, we will stay ahead of schedule.
- If you make it to the next round of an event but have to leave early, please let us know before you leave so we can accept another competitor in your place.
- You will need to arrive on time to participate in the new competitor tutorial at 8:20am.
- As an additional form of preparation, we highly recommend that you watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please review the WCA regulations before the competition, most importantly Article A, which describes the basic competition procedures. If you have any questions about the regulations, you can always reach out via the "Contact Organization Team" link on the General Info tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do I use my own cubes to compete?
- A: Yes, you are responsible for providing your own puzzles. Be sure to review Article 3 of the WCA regulations and confirm that your puzzles are competition legal before the event. Some examples of non-legal puzzles are electronic cubes (such as Giiker, GOcube, or GAN356i), cubes with carbon fiber stickers, cubes with more than one logo, and cubes with significantly damaged or missing stickers/pieces.
- Q: Do I use my own timer to compete?
- A: No, all equipment for the competition (timers, displays, etc.) is provided by the organizers/delegates.
- Q: How fast do you have to be to compete?
- A: As long as you are able to solve the puzzle within the time limit listed on the Events tab, you are fast enough to compete!
- Q: What will the average age of competitors be?
- A: Most competitors are between 10 and 25 years old, with the average age usually falling in the mid-teens. However, all ages are welcome - everyone can and should cube!
- Q: Are competitors divided by gender or age?
- A: No, all competitors compete in the same division on the same even playing field.
- Q: Why am I not on the competitor list yet? I already signed up and paid!
- A: Registrations are approved manually, so it may take some time for the organizers to see and accept your registration. Also, if registration is already full when you register and pay, you will be placed on the waiting list instead. If you still do not see your name on the competitor list or waiting list 48 hours after submitting payment, please reach out via the "Contact Organization Team" link on the General Info tab.
- Q: How do I change my events or cancel my registration?
- A: Please reach out via the "Contact Organization Team" link on the General Info tab and an organizer or delegate will handle your request. Please note that no refunds, cancellations, event changes, etc. will be processed after the deadlines listed on the General Info tab under "Registration Requirements".
- Q: Are spectators or guests allowed to attend? Do they have to pay an entrance fee?
- A: At this competition, there are no limits or fees for spectators or guests. You are welcome to attend as a friend/family member of a competitor or even just as a non-competitor who is interested in the event.
- Q: How do I know when exactly I will be competing?
- A: To see what time each event you are competing in takes place, check the Schedule tab. About a week before the competition, you will receive an email with your group assignments to let you know which group of each event you are assigned to. Each group competes in order - group 1, then group 2, and so on. Please be familiar with which group you are in and pay attention as they are called up throughout the day - you may not be able to compete if you miss your group.
- Q: What do I do while I'm not competing?
- A: For each event that you are competing in, you will also be assigned to judge for one group of that event. Your judging assignment will usually come in the group immediately after you compete (though you are welcome and encouraged to judge as much as you want - it's a fun way to get right up in the middle of the action!) When you're not judging or competing, you'll probably want to hang out at the tables with other cubers and make some new friends!
- Q: Where do I find my results during the competition?
- A: During the competition, you can see results on WCA Live as they are entered. Please note that all results are entered by hand and there may be delays depending on the availability of staff to enter data.
- Q: How will I know if I made it to the next round?
- A: Once a round is completely entered on WCA Live, the competitors whose names are highlighted will be the ones moving on to the next round. To check if the round is actually complete, scroll down to the bottom and see if all listed competitors have results. If there are competitors without results, the round is not completely entered yet and the next round has not been finalized.
- Q: Where do I find my results after the competition?
- A: Within a week of the end of the competition, the results of the competition will be uploaded on the main WCA website and will appear on your WCA profile. You will receive an email notification when this happens.
- Q: Who do I ask if I have a question about the competition not answered here?
- A: You can always reach out via the "Contact Organization Team" link on the General Info tab and we'll get back to you shortly!
If you are interested in joining the volunteer staff for this competition, you can apply below:
Staff members are expected to spend most of the day helping out, especially with the following tasks:
- Data entry
In exchange for your hard work, we'll provide snacks and lunch for you during the competition and refund your registration fee after the competition.
Please note that we may receive more staff applications than we are able to accept, so we apologize in advance if you are not selected.
If you're interested in casual meetups outside of competitions, check out the links below for information on groups in the Southeast that regularly get together to cube!
This competition is sponsored by PB Performance Wear! They will provide a $50 gift card to the winner of each event.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.