Florida Returns 2021
- Jul 24, 2021
- Orlando, Florida, United States
Black Belt Center
- 4516 Hoffner Ave 32812
Venue is a martial arts studio, enter through the double black doors, overflow parking is across the street at Publix
- Nancy Hartman and Sean Hartman
- WCA Delegates
- Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Nancy Hartman, and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
- Please review the COVID precautions tab for information regarding the steps taken to increase competitor safety at this competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Please review the competitor information tab befroe the competition.
Please contact us if you are interested. You must be able to staff for the entire competition. Staff will pay registration and have it refunded upon completion of staffing for the competition.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration will be open from to .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 30 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
We will have Covid restrictions in place.
Due to COVID-19 we are limiting 1 guest per competitor - if you are able to attend by yourself we recommend not having guests.
Due to COVID-19 we will not be accepting event changes during the competition - please request changes by Friday July 16, 2021 7:00pm EST.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first/next on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration then your registration will be confirmed. Please, let us know as soon as possible if you are not able to attend to allow another competitor to attend. After the competition all competitors on the waitlist will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax
Please make sure your email associated with your wca account is one that you regularly check as you will need to see any emails the organization team may send out.
To register for this competition, you must pay in full in advance through Stripe. Your registration is not complete until you pay.
If you are having payment problems, please contact the organizers for an alternative payment method.
To cancel your registration, please email the organizers with your name telling them you want to cancel your registration. You will recieve a 95% refund if you let us know before registration closes. If you are having trouble paying on the website or any other registration problems, please use the contact button to talk to us.
After the competition reaches 30 competitors, a waitlist will be created. You must pay to be placed on the waitlist. If you are at the top of the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, you will receive an email from the organizers letting you know your registration was accepted.
After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a 95% refund.
If the competition reaches its competitor limit and when registration closes, no additional registrations will be accepted. No exceptions.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:45.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:45.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:45.00|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:30.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Black Belt Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Schedule for Saturday (July 24, 2021)
(Links will be updated closer to the competition)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for your events
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can, so if you do not arrive to compete by the event is ending your spot may be given up to the next competitor in the rankings.
- Your delegates for this competition are: Nancy Hartman, Jacob Ambrose and Katie Hull. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - If you are in the first group of an event you will then judge the second group, if in the second group you will judge the third group and so on - if you are in the last group you will judge the first group. This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- You can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial Video
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into live.worldcubeassociation.org. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order with a last call during the last group. Please bring your puzzle up when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Please contact us if you are interested!
Certificates will be given for podium winners, we will update as to additional awards.
In order to comply with the CDC and Florida/Orange County COVID-19 protocols and mandates:
- We will privide hand sanitizer, masks, and disinfecting wipes available to everyone in attendance.
- We strongly recommend that participants and guests wear a mask. Florida mandates that vaccinated people are not required to wear masks.
- We ask that any attendee showing symptons of COVID stay home.
- Competitors will remain at their station to complete all solves in their group and stations will be sanitized in between.
- There will NOT be a competitor waiting area. Due to the COVID limitations for group size , guests will be required to wait/remain in a designated area.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.