Fleur-de-Lis Fall LA 2023
- Nov 24 - 25, 2023
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
East Baton Rouge Parish Library
- 7711 Goodwood Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Main Conference Room
- CubingUSA Treasurer, RJ Gohn, Ryan Bishop, and Seth Talbot
- WCA Delegates
- Michael Conard, RJ Gohn, and Seth Talbot
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
Make sure to check out Louisiana Speedcubing's Facebook group for upcoming competitions and announcements!
To learn more about Cubing in the US South, including other competitions, visit www.southerncubing.com.
- Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 50 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators are only permitted as companions of competitors.
Competitors may bring at most 1 guest.
Please limit guests to one per competitor due to venue capacity.
There will be no refund to no-shows unless cancelled before November 11, 2023 5:00 CST
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- If you register and later realize you cannot make the competiton, you can request a 95% refund (via the contact link on the General Info tab before registration closes.
- No refunds will be awarded after November 11, 2023 5:00 CST
- Competitors may edit their registration to include more events BEFORE registration closes.
- Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
- Competitors may edit their registration to remove events. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist before November 11, 2023 will receive a full refund shortly before the competition.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after November 11, 2023.
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
If the competitor limit is filled, you may still register and pay the registration fee if you wish, but you will be placed on a waitlist. Your registration will not be accepted unless a spot opens up.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 10:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 10:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:30:00.00 total for 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:30:00.00 total for 5x5x5 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue East Baton Rouge Parish Library.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Friday (November 24, 2023)
Schedule for Saturday (November 25, 2023)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- Your delegates for this competition are RJ Gohn, Michael Conard, and Seth Talbot. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Fleur-de-Lis Fall LA 2023 will be hosting an unofficial event, Virtual Cube, the morning of November 24, 2023 during the big BLD events. Every competitor is welcome to participate in this event, however it is recommended that competitors be familiar with the basic controls before the competition. If you are unfamiliar with virtual cubing, this YouTube video gives a brief introduction to the event. It is recommended to bring a laptop for this event with your preferred settings, however this is not required as we will have a few extras available.
Sign up for virtual cube here!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced across rounds (see Guideline A1a2++).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.