Empire State Summer B 2021
- Aug 1, 2021
- Albany, New York, United States
- 55 Eagle St, Albany, NY 12207
Level 2 Pre-Function
- Organization team
- Andrew Bae, Evan Liu, and Louis Meunier
- WCA Delegates
- Evan Liu and Lauren Phung
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This is a twin competition with Empire State Summer A 2021. You may only register for and compete in one of the two competitions. If you have already registered (with payment) for Empire State Summer A 2021, your registration for this competition will be rejected.
Competitors may bring at most one guest.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 80 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (United States Dollar).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registration is not complete until payment of the registration fee is made.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Jerry Yao||6.48||6.86||United States||7.71||6.84||6.64||7.11||6.48|
|2x2x2 Cube||Zayn Khanani||1.11||1.39||United States||1.11||1.14||2.53||1.38||1.66|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Andrew Bae||8.88||12.66||United States||18.08||12.52||8.88||12.63||12.82|
|Skewb||Zayn Khanani||1.77||2.96||United States||3.54||1.77||3.35||3.25||2.28|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Albany Capital Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Sunday (August 01, 2021)
All attendees (competitors + guests) must show valid proof that they satisfy one of the following two requirements in order to be allowed in the venue:
-They are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To clarify, an individual is only considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or their only dose of a single-dose vaccine (J&J) more than two weeks before the competition. Any dose received after Saturday, July 17th is insufficient for competition A, and any dose received after Sunday, July 18th is insufficient for competition B.
-They tested negative for COVID-19 within 96 hours (4 days) of the competition. The date when the test is conducted is what matters, not the date when the results are received. Any test conducted earlier than Tuesday, July 27th is insufficient for competition A, and any test conducted earlier than Wednesday, July 28th is insufficient for competition B.
- Competitors may bring at most one guest.
- Masks are required at all times and will be provided for all attendees along with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Attendees should maintain a minimum of 3ft from others whenever possible.
- The organizing team strongly recommends receiving a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. do not attend this competition.
- If you have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, do not attend.
- Competitors are strongly encouraged to bring their own pen for the duration of the competition.
- Competitors must wipe down their puzzles with a sanitizing wipe before submitting.
- The competition may be cancelled if the COVID-19 situation in New York and/or the US gets worse.
- By registering for this competition, you agree that you understand all the information presented in this tab, will abide by all the COVID-19 restrictions placed on this competition, and acknowledge the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other disease in attending an event of this scale.
Albany Capital Center
55 Eagle St, Albany, NY 12207
Traveling by train: There are numerous Amtrak trains per day from New York Penn Station to Albany-Rensselaer, which is then a short drive across the Hudson River from downtown Albany.
Parking: Downtown Albany has free street parking every weekend. It also has 3 garages with free parking on weekends unless there is a special event taking place. The convention center also has its own garage, but it is not free.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING
For First-Time Competitors
In addition, please read this document before coming to the competition.
For All Competitors
When you arrive, you will receive a card with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event. In addition, you will also have judging/scrambling assignments on your card. Every competitor is expected to help out during the event(s) they are registered for. The card will look like the following:
If you do not arrive to help during your scheduled event, and there are not enough staff members, we reserve the right to disqualify you from competing.
TheCubicle will be providing prizes for the winners!
www.cubetshirtshop.com will also be providing prizes for the winners! They will be vending at the A competition, but not the B competition.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.