Cube With Attention in Denton 2023
- Sep 16, 2023
- Denton, Texas, United States
University of North Texas Union Building
- 1155 Union Cir, Denton, TX 76023
333 Jade Ballroom
- Organization team
- CJ York, CubingUSA Treasurer, Fletcher Berry, and Ryan Pilat
- WCA Delegates
- Fletcher Berry and Michael Conard
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE VENUE.
- Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 75% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
There will be no refund to no-shows unless cancelled before the deadline (Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT).
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- If you register and later realize you cannot make the competiton, you can request a 75% refund (via the contact link on the General Info tab) before registration closes.
- No refunds will be awarded after Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT.
- Competitors may edit their registration to include more events BEFORE registration closes.
- Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
- Competitors may edit their registration to remove events. It is also acceptable to not submit your cube for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist before the deadline (Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT) will receive a full refund shortly before the competition.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT.
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
If the competitor limit is filled, you may still register and pay the registration fee if you wish, but you will be placed on a waitlist. Your registration will not be accepted unless a spot opens up.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Ray Bai||6.08||7.00||United States||6.60||6.08||7.90||8.94||6.51|
|2x2x2 Cube||Ryan Pilat||1.60||2.10||United States||2.25||1.60||3.02||2.33||1.72|
|4x4x4 Cube||Ray Bai||26.11||29.40||United States||26.11||29.78||27.56||32.30||30.87|
|5x5x5 Cube||Ray Bai||49.54||51.60||United States||50.02||49.54||55.17||50.06||54.71|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Ryan Pilat||9.79||11.75||United States||11.09||9.79||12.24||13.64||11.92|
|Square-1||Dylan Baumbach||5.54||7.00||United States||5.54||6.56||5.92||9.80||8.53|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Fletcher Berry||4:00.26||DNF||United States||4:00.26||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:20.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:20.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||30:00.00 cumulative *|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue University of North Texas Union Building.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (September 16, 2023)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the group you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for your events.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- Your delegates for this competition are Fletcher Berry and Michael Conard. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In some events we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and sit at your designated station when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition will be held on the 3rd floor in the Jade Ballroom (333).
Parking: There is paid parking near the venue. You can park in the Union Circle Garage using the Park Mobile app, or at the Highland Street Garage and get a parking ticket at the gate.
Lunch: The competition is inside the UNT Union, meaning there are several food options without having to leave the building. There are also several other restaurants near the venue. Here are the closest restaurants.
Hotels: There are several hotels near the venue. Here are the closest hotels.
Travel: The DFW International Airport is ~30 minutes away from the venue.
This competition is sponsored by TheCubicle! They will be providing gift cards to the podiums.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.