Cougar Qualifier 2023
- Apr 29, 2023
- Frederick, Maryland, United States
Frederick Community College
- 7932 Opossumtown Pike, Frederick, MD 21702
Cougar Grille (Located in the Student Center / Building H)
- Organization team
- Chris Tribie, CubingUSA Treasurer, Gavin Tribie, and Tyler Smith
- WCA Delegates
- Blake Thompson, Nick Silvestri, Rich Tayag, and Will Callan
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This is a series competition with TJHSST Spring 2023. You may only compete in one of the two competitions. See the guidance for registering for series competitions on the Series Competition Scenarios tab.
This competition will take place in the Cougar Grille (Located in the Student Center / Building H).
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
This competition is part of the Frederick Alexandria 2023 Competition Series. Other competitions in this Series are:
There is a competitor limit of 75 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
We anticipate that this competition will fill extremely quickly, so do not delay when registration opens.
Please keep in mind that registrations are approved manually after payment, so your registration may not be approved immediately.
Your registration is not complete until your registration fee has been paid.
All competitiors must read the "Competitor Responsibilities" tab.
If the competitor limit of 75 has been reached, you can still register and pay the registration fee to secure a spot on the waitlist. During the registration period, any competitor can cancel their registration and allow the first person on the waitlist to take their spot. If you find that you cannot make it to the competition after registering, please contact us so that we can maximize attendance.
All registrants still on the waitlist after the registration period will have their registrations deleted, and will be fully refunded.
We may completely close registration if the waitlist becomes very large.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Sean Belke won with an average of 7.79 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Will Callan finished second (8.19) and Zayn Khanani finished third (8.22).
African records: Rafik Eskandar Clock 5.03 (single) and Clock 5.83 (average).
|3x3x3 Cube||Sean Belke||7.16||7.79||United States||7.86||8.57||8.08||7.44||7.16|
|5x5x5 Cube||Sean Belke||51.52||55.94||United States||1:01.10||51.52||54.67||53.81||59.34|
|7x7x7 Cube||Sean Belke||2:44.67||3:04.44||United States||3:10.12||2:44.67||3:18.54|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Liam Chen||16.99||20.33||United States||23.37||16.99||20.63|
|Square-1||Hassan Khanani||4.71||5.40||United States||4.71||5.54||4.93||5.73||12.18|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 50% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 7:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 40.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Cougar Grille.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (April 29, 2023)
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING
For First-Time Competitors
All newcomers must be familiar with the WCA Regulations before competing. This video gives a basic overview of the rules. In addition, please read this document before coming to the competition.
For All Competitors
When you arrive, you will receive a card with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event. In addition, you will also have judging/scrambling/running assignments on your card. Every competitor is expected to help out during the event(s) they are registered for. The card will look like the following:
If you do not arrive to help during your scheduled event, and there are not enough staff members, we reserve the right to disqualify you from competing.
Groups are posted here on Competition Groups.
Results will be uploaded on WCA Live.
Join the DMV Speedcubing Discord server here to discuss and stay up to date on DMV competitions.
Sign up for the DMV Cubers newsletter if you would like to be notified when future competitions are announced! To subscribe, please see the landing page here.
If WAITLISTED for Comp A:
- If you are accepted to Comp B,
- You may delete your Comp A registration and be issued a full refund for that comp. (Delegates can also do this for you on your behalf)
- You may remain on the Comp A waitlist (i.e., you prefer Comp A). If you move up the Comp A waitlist enough, the Delegates may ask you which comp you prefer and allow you to choose. Please email the Delegates using the “Contact” link on the competition website to let them know your preference.
- If you are also waitlisted to Comp B,
- You may opt to stay on both waitlists until you are accepted to one of them. If accepted to one, you may delete your registration to the other and receive a full refund.
If ACCEPTED to Comp A:
- If you are accepted to Comp B,
- Your registration for Comp B will be ACCEPTED and you will be moved to the WAITLIST of Comp A. This is because you are telling the organizers and Delegates you would actually prefer Comp B over Comp A since you are registering for another series competition even after being accepted to a previously opened one.
- You may delete your Comp A registration and be issued a refund per the comp policy. (Delegates can also do this for you on your behalf)
- If you are waitlisted to Comp B,
- You may opt to stay on the Comp B waitlist to see if you are eventually accepted (i.e., you prefer Comp B). If you move up the Comp B waitlist enough, the Delegates may ask you which comp you prefer and allow you to choose. If accepted, you may delete your registration to Comp A and receive a refund per the comp policy. Please email the Delegates using the “Contact” link on the competition website to let them know your preference.
Comp A = TJHSST Spring 2023
Comp B = Cougar Qualifier 2023
The competition will be held in the Cougar Grille in the Student Center / Building H.
Please see Frederick Community College campus map.
The Cougar Grille will not be serving food during the competition. Several fast food options are available nearby.
This competition is sponsored by TheCubicle! They will be providing gift cards to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of each event. Additionally, each first-time competitor will receive a gift card to TheCubicle!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.