Colorado Pastacomp 2023
- Oct 7, 2023
- Thornton, Colorado, United States
Hilton Garden Inn Denver/Thornton
- 14275 Lincoln St, Thornton, Colorado, 80023
In the meeting room
- Organization team
- Stone Amsbaugh
- WCA Delegates
- Elizabeth Cutting, Raymos Castillo, and Stone Amsbaugh
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
The space for this competition is provided by the Hilton Garden Inn and Johnny's Italian Steakhouse - lunch from the steakhouse will be provided to all competitors and one guest each (hence the larger registration fees). More details on this will be provided closer to the competition, but it should include pasta, barbeque, potatoes, etc. Please comment the name of your guest when you register. This is not final and can be changed.
- It is recommended you register as soon as possible to save a spot.
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with the WCA regulations. If this is your first official competition, this video will provide you with most of the information you need.
- If this is your first competition, please be present for the competitor tutorial at 8:15 AM.
- Main event
- Competitor limit
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and will close .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 70 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $51 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Below are some of the policies that will be used for this competition.
* You are limited to one guest at this competition, and this guest will receive lunch.
* We need to know who this guest is for this to happen. Please comment their name when you register. You will not be allowed to submit your registration until you have listed your guest.
* If you need to bring more than one guest for any reason, please contact the organizers above.
* Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
* If you register and later realize you cannot make the event, you can request a 50% refund before registration closes.
* After registration closes, no refunds will be awarded.
* Competitors may request by email, or manually edit their registration, to be added to more events BEFORE registration closes.
* Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
* Competitors may request by email, or manually edit their registration, to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
* If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
* Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist will receive a full refund shortly before the event.
* No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after registration closes.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||12:00.00 cumulative *|
|Megaminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Hilton Garden Inn Denver/Thornton.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Denver.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (October 07, 2023)
This event is open to cubers of any age and experience. For those of you new to cubing, welcome! We just ask that you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here.
Secondly, we are returning to the non-stationary format for this competition. We have a comprehensive video showing the competition experience, the usual questions, along with some other common questions. found here
Here are some frequently asked questions:
Q: Are there any restrictions on competing?
A: Nope! Outside of the restriction on spectators, anyone of any skill can compete in this competition, including first-timers. As long as you know how to solve the cube, go ahead and sign up!
Q: Do spectators have to pay?
A: No! All spectators are let into building for free, but keep in mind you can only bring two!
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: Yes! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete. We discourage borrowing or sharing other people's cubes at the competition.
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to wca.link/live to find information about current events.
Q: Why am I not on the registration list yet?
A: When you register, make sure you have paid the registration fee. Afterwards, your registration must then be manually accepted, so please wait at least 24 hours before contacting us. You should receive an email when your registration is accepted.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can cube!
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: No! All competitors are on an equal playing field.
Q: Do I have to wear a face covering at this competition?
A. No. Competitors who wish to do so are welcome to.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us by using the contact links on the general info page!
If you would like to be notified of future competitions in the state of Colorado, please sign up for the Colorado Cubers newsletter! This newsletter will notify you of future competitions in the state of Colorado when they are announced, and will provide you with monthly updates with news and results.
To subscribe, please see the landing page here.
Sponsorship for this competition is to be announced.
This competition is presented by Colorado Cubers, a non-profit organization that is dedicated to expanding and enriching the Colorado cubing community.
Lunch at this competition will be served by Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, which is partnered with the Hilton Garden Inn. The menu is not yet finalized but will be updated here when it is.
We realize that because of this we need to charge higher registration fees for this competition than we typically do, but it is our hope that the lunch for two is worth it, as well as the event itself.
Because of this, we need to know who your guest is, so when you register please comment the name of the guest that will be receiving lunch. This can be changed later on if you are unsure.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.