[Cancelled] Cobb Cubes Comeback B 2021
- Jul 31, 2021
- Marietta, Georgia, United States
- 266 Roswell St NE, Marietta, GA 30060
Gail E. Rogers Community Room
- Raymond Goslow
- WCA Delegates
- Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, and Nancy Hartman
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition has been cancelled.
This competition is a twin competition with Cobb Cubes Comeback A 2021. Please review the Twin Competition tab for more information.
This competition is in the afternoon, competitors for this competition should arrive at noon and not before then.
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the COVID precautions tab for information regarding steps taken to increase competitor safety at this competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 20 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $5 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators can attend for free.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
This competition is a twin competition with Cobb Cubes Comeback A 2021. This means that you are only allowed to registered for one of these two competitions.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
- If you registered for both this competition and Cobb Cubes Comeback A 2021 you will recieve an email asking to choose which competition
A registration is not considered complete if it is deferred. This may cause you to not be registered before the competitor limit is reached or may cause you to have a lower place on the waiting list.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax. Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor's list until Friday, July 24, 2021, 7:00 PM EST.
Due to Covid-19 we are limiting 1 guest per competitor. If you are able to attend by yourself (older than 16 years old), we recommend not having guests.
Due to Covid-19 we will not be accepting event changes during the competition. If you wish to change which events you are registered for, please contact the organization team prior to Friday, July 24, 2021, 7:00 PM EST.
Staff members will have a refunded registration fee. All Staff members must pay the registration fee in order to be considered registered. After the competition, Staff members will recieve a refund.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 5 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 5 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:30.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00||Top 5 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Switzer Library.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Schedule for Saturday (July 31, 2021)
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- Your delegates for this competition are Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, and Nancy Hartman. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 12:30pm.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into WCA Live (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order. Please be familiar with which group you are in and bring your cube up when called. We will not be able to allow you to compete if you miss a group due to Covid precautions.
266 Roswell St NE
Marietta, GA 30060
Library Meeting Room
From the parking lot, enter the building through the main doors and the room is immediately on the left.
This competition is a twin competition with Cobb Cubes Comeback A 2021.
According to the Competition Requirements Policy this means that:
- Competitors may only compete at 1 of the 2 competitions.
- Any person who registers for both competitions will have their registration be deferred. This may cause you to not be registered before the competitor limit is reached or may cause you to have a lower place on the waiting list.
There are a few measures that we will be taking for COVID safety:
- We will provide hand sanitizer, masks, and disinfecting wipes available to everyone in attendance.
- We strongly recommend that participants and guests wear a mask.
- We ask that any attendee showing symptoms of Covid-19 to stay at home.
- While competing, a competitor will remain in the same seat during the entire group to minimize the amount of interactions. There will be no competitor waiting area.
- The competition only lasts for half the day.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.