Cobb Cubes Comeback 2A 2021
- Oct 30, 2021
- Marietta, Georgia, United States
- 266 Roswell St NE, Marietta, GA 30060
Gail E. Rogers Community Room
- Raymond Goslow
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Raymond Goslow, and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Registration is closed and the waitlist is now full.
This competition is a series competition with Cobb Cubes Comeback 2B 2021. Please review the Series Competition tab for more information.
This competition is in the morning, competitors for this competition should leave at noon and not stay in the venue.
Make sure to dress up and partake in our Costume Contest! Awards for podium placements will be given during the awards ceremony.
Please review the Competitor Information tab before the competition.
Please review the Safety Precautions tab for information regarding steps taken to increase competitor safety at this competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 20 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $5 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 90% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
This competition is a series competition with Cobb Cubes Comeback 2B 2021. This means that you are only allowed to registered for one of these two competitions.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
- If you registered for both this competition and Cobb Cubes Comeback 2B 2021 you will recieve an email asking to choose which competition you wish to register for.
A registration is not considered complete if it is deferred. This may cause you to not be registered before the competitor limit is reached or may cause you to have a lower place on the waiting list.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus processing fees.
Due to COVID-19, we are limiting every competitor to one guest each. If you are able to attend by yourself (older than 16 years old), we strongly recommend not bringing guests.
Due to COVID-19, we will not be accepting event changes during the competition. If you wish to change which events you are registered for, please contact the organization team prior to the deadline to update your registered events.
Staff members will have a refunded registration fee. All staff members must pay the registration fee in order to be considered registered. After the competition, staff members will recieve a refund.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Zachary White won with an average of 8.80 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Daniel Mullen finished second (9.50) and Vishwa Sankar finished third (9.74).
|3x3x3 Cube||Zachary White||6.50||8.80||United States||10.10||9.57||9.00||7.82||6.50|
|2x2x2 Cube||Zachary White||2.91||3.51||United States||2.91||3.06||3.24||4.23||8.18|
|4x4x4 Cube||Katie Hull||28.73||30.92||United States||34.99||28.73||31.36||30.80||30.59|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 5 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 5 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Switzer Library.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (October 30, 2021)
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- Your delegates for this competition are Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Raymond Goslow, Nancy Hartman, and Zachary White. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 7:45am.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into WCA Live (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order. Please be familiar with which group you are in and bring your cube up when called. We will not be able to allow you to compete if you miss a group due to COVID precautions.
266 Roswell St NE
Marietta, GA 30060
Gail E. Rogers Community Room
From the parking lot, enter the building through the main doors and the room is immediately on the left.
This competition is a series competition with Cobb Cubes Comeback 2B 2021.
According to the Competition Requirements Policy this means that:
- Competitors may only compete at 1 of the 2 competitions.
- Any person who registers for both competitions may have their registration be deferred. This may cause you to not be registered before the competitor limit is reached or may cause you to have a lower place on the waiting list.
We will be following all guidance and requirements set by the WCA Competition Safety Policy
- All who enter the venue are required to wear a mask at all times per the Cobb County government facility mask mandate.
Here are some important policies and procedure changes, please read the WCA Competition Safety Policy for a complete list of all changes in the holding of competitions:
- Competitors will have the same judge for the entire round. They will stay seated at the solving station for all attempts in a round. There will not be a Competitor Waiting Area.
- Competitors will only be allowed one guest. Competitors age 16 and older are encouraged to come alone.
- Sanitize or wash you hands upon entering the venue and often while at the venue. We will provide hand sanitizer, masks, and disinfecting wipes available to everyone in attendance.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. or have had a positive COVID-19 test or prolonged exposure to someone with the virus within 14 days prior to the competition, you should not attend this competition.
Infractions of the above policies may result in dismissal from the competition and removal from the venue, at the discretion of the WCA Delegate.
BY REGISTERING, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE POLICIES
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.