Brazos Cubing Fall 2023
- Sep 10, 2023
- Bryan, Texas, United States
Bryan High School
- 3450 Campus Dr, Bryan, TX 77802
- Organization team
- CubingUSA Treasurer, Matt Lee, Russ Gibbs, and Tyler Gee
- WCA Delegates
- Matt Lee, Michael Conard, and Vincent Chen
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA
Note: This competition takes place on a Sunday.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE
- Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
To learn more about Cubing in the US South, visit www.southerncubing.com.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 90% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Any spectator can attend for free.
There will be no refund to no-shows unless cancelled before the deadline (September 3rd at 7PM)
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- If you register and later realize you cannot make the competiton, you can request a 90% refund (via the contact link on the General Info tab before registration closes.
- No refunds will be awarded after Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT.
- Competitors may edit their registration to include more events BEFORE registration closes.
- Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
- Competitors may edit their registration to remove events. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist before the deadline (Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT) will receive a full refund shortly before the competition.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 at 7:00 PM CDT.
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
If the competitor limit is filled, you may still register and pay the registration fee if you wish, but you will be placed on a waitlist. Your registration will not be accepted unless a spot opens up.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Ryan Pilat||5.22||5.99||United States||6.18||5.33||5.22||7.92||6.47|
|2x2x2 Cube||Siddharth Reddy||1.55||1.74||United States||1.56||2.10||1.55||2.38||1.55|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Ryan Pilat||11.00||12.48||United States||11.29||14.94||13.96||12.18||11.00|
|Clock||Caleb Trelford||3.66||4.01||United States||3.66||4.15||4.11||5.04||3.76|
|Pyraminx||Ryan Pilat||2.25||3.51||United States||3.18||4.14||3.32||4.02||2.25|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 50.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Bryan High School.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Sunday (September 10, 2023)
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- Your delegates for this competition are Michael Conard, Vincent Chen, and Matt Lee. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition is in the Cafeteria of the Northern section of Travis B. Bryan High School.
Parking: Parking is free in either of the adjacent parking lots North and East of the school, labeled Parking A and Parking B.
Food: NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE VENUE. There are several restaurants near the venue.
Hotels: There are several hotels near the venue, with the nearest at Bryan Towne Center.
Travel: Easterwood Airport is 6.5 miles away.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.