The WCA Financial Committee (WFC) is looking for two or three new members to add to its team. The applications are open to everyone; it’s not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
What does the WFC do?
- Determine the annual budget for the WCA including analysis and projections of competitor counts.
- Manage the dues system including invoicing and credit control.
- Complete tax and other regulatory compliance forms on behalf of the WCA.
- Manage the finances and cash flow of the WCA.
- Review applications for funding in accordance with the Equipment Funding and Travel Reimbursement policies.
- Other financial tasks requested by the WCA Board or in accordance with our Motions.
The official rights and duties of the WFC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2017.3.
Please submit your application by Sunday, July 28th, 2019 at 23:59 UTC to the WCA Treasurer and Leader of the WCA Financial Committee, Chris Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed by the WFC leadership team.
The qualities and requirements expected of candidates are:
- Experience in finance, tax or accounting.
- Good math or data analytics skills.
- Good written English.
- Time commitment of 2-5 hours per week.
- Prompt review and response to committee emails.
The following are not required, but it would be useful for new WFC members to have additional experience with any of the following:
- Experience using spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with Google G-Suite.
- Knowledge and experience in non-profit or corporate finances.
- US tax and IRS knowledge.
Candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- A brief personal introduction.
- Your WCA resume listing your involvement with the cubing community.
- Your professional resume (especially if math/accounting/finance related).
- Your motivation for applying to the WFC.
- Your ambitions for what you plan to contribute to the WFC as a committee member to further the WCA.
You can expect an immediate reply to confirm whether your application is complete, and may receive a request for an interview with the WFC Leader.
Thank you for your candidacies and support!