The WCA Disciplinary Committee (WDC) is seeking new members to help them with their mission! Applications are open to everyone and community members not currently holding a WCA position are encouraged to apply.
What does the WDC do?
- Advises the WCA Board in special cases, like alleged violations of WCA Regulations
- May be contacted by WCA members in case of important personal matters regarding WCA competitions.
If you want to get more insight about the work of the Committee, you can check the Disciplinary Log on the WCA website. Suspensions and other Sanctions are defined in Motion 15.2019.1. The official rights and duties of the WDC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2019.2.
The qualities and requirements expected of candidates are:
- Clear background
- Personal time management skills
- Ability to discuss reasoning and ideas
- Familiarity with WCA activities
The application period is open for applicants to submit their application documents from now until September 23rd, 2019, 23:59 UTC to Lorenzo Vigani Poli (email@example.com).
The application document must be in PDF format, and should include the following:
- A brief personal introduction
- Summary of activities done within the cubing community
- Motivation for applying to join the WDC
Application documents not in PDF format will be automatically discarded.
Applicants can expect a reply to confirm the receipt of the application, and may later receive a request to be interviewed. Anyone with questions about applying can contact Lorenzo Vigani Poli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After the application period, the WDC Leader will make a selection and the new members will be announced once applicants have accepted the positions.
Thank you for your interest in assisting the WDC, and the WCA!