Call for Applicants - WCA Sports Organization Team (WSOT) Members (November 2022)
The new WCA Sports Organization Team (WSOT) is seeking members!
The WSOT is a newly created team with the goal of seeking further recognition of the WCA as a sporting organization both nationally and globally. The WSOT will be working closely with regional organizations on national recognition and the WCA Board/relevant teams and committees on global recognition. The WSOT is a great chance to be a part of change in how the organization operates!
The official rights and duties of the WSOT are documented in WCA Motion 10.2022.13.
The expected qualities of applicants include:
- Proactive personality, sense of detail, and solution-oriented thinking.
- Eye for detail in reviewing and writing lengthy complicated documents
- A passion for speedcubing with a desire to see it's success on the world sporting stage
- Sufficient familiarity with the WCA Policies, Bylaws and Regulations.
- (Desirable) Involvement in high level sports as a participant or official
Candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- A brief personal introduction.
- A summary of activities done for the WCA
- A concrete overview on how you fulfil the requirements, and the expected qualities.
- (Optional) Qualities and qualifications you find relevant that are not listed above.
The application period is open for applicants to submit their application document from now until December 20th 2022 23:59 UTC to Ethan Pride (email@example.com). Any applicants with questions are encouraged to reach out before the end of the application deadline!