The WCA Ethics Committee (WEC) is seeking new members to help them with their mission! The applications are open to everyone; it’s not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
What does the WEC do?
- Maintaining and updating the Code of Ethics.
- Ensures that all procedures followed by WCA Staff abide by the Code of Ethics.
- Performs independent investigations if any WCA Staff member is not compliant with said Code of Ethics.
- Confidant for Registered Speedcubers that request investigations.
- Functions as the board of appeal if any involved party disagrees with a decision made by the WCA Disciplinary Committee.
The official rights and duties of the WEC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2019.3.
Results of Yono Summer 2019 are now available.
Asian records: Arifumi Fushimi (伏見有史) 3x3x3 One-Handed 11.13 (average).
South American records: Gabriel Santiago Velez Gonzalez 6x6x6 Cube 1:30.93 (single).
We are happy to announce that we have a new Committee Leader. Callum Goodyear will become the new Leader of the WCA Ethics Committee (WEC). Callum was already working as a member of the WEC.
Callum was selected by the WCA Board and was approved in a vote among the current Committee Leaders and Senior Delegates, following Section 4 of our Motion 10.2019.0 about WCA Committees and Teams.
We thank Walker Welch for the work he has done for the WEC, and wish Callum Goodyear best of luck in fulfilling his new duties.
The new Leader will be promoted immediately. Callum was among two applicants we had and both candidacy documents can be found here if you are interested in viewing them.