Dear WCA Community,
Here you can find some noteworthy updates about the activity of the Disciplinary Committee over the month of October 2019.
During October, four new official investigations were opened. One was very straightforward and took only a few days to be completed and two out of the other three were closed at the end of October/beginning of November.
The bulk of the activity during October was the selection process for the new WDC members. This took a while to complete, as the process followed the below steps.
1. Initial evaluation
- Conducted on the analysis of the candidacy documents;
- 16 out of 16 candidates proceeded to the next step;
2. Intermediate evaluation
- Candidates were asked to complete a Google form with questions and simulations of scenarios regularly faced by the WDC. Candidates were asked to draft official communication and to explain their reasoning;
- 9 out of 16 candidates proceeded to the next step;
3. Final evaluation
- The last step of the process was an interview with the WDC Leader. Calls lasted for 30 minutes on average, focusing on various WCA/WDC topics;
- 6 out of 9 candidates were selected to become WDC members.
The new WDC members are: Arthur Garcin (2014GARC27), Christopher Morris (2013MORR03), Chris Tabar (2017TABA02), Jules Desjardin (2010DESJ01), Martin Vædele Egdal (2013EGDA02) and Sebastiano Tronto (2011TRON02).
I would like to welcome them to the Committee and thank everyone who submitted a candidacy: the selection process was very stimulating and I had a hard time making the final choices, meaning that the overall quality of candidates was very high.
At the same time, some procedural work was carried out behind the scenes to prepare the onboarding of the new members: a few documents were prepared and some decisions were made about internal communication. We are considering sharing one of these documents, since it could give an interesting insight on how the Committee operates.
During the selection process, Anuj Menta decided to step down from his role in the WDC for personal reasons. I would like to publicly thank him for his work and contribution in the Committee over the past two years, as well as wishing him all the best for his future endeavors!
To conclude, we would like to remind everyone to make sure they fully understand the WCA Regulations and competition procedures. If you have any questions or are unsure about how to do something, please do not hesitate to ask the Delegate(s) of the competition. In addition, if you think the competition results are being compromised in any way or if you see suspicious behavior, find the nearest delegate immediately and report the incident.
Thank you all for your help in supporting the WCA Spirit and Mission.
Lorenzo Vigani Poli
On behalf of the Disciplinary Committee