The WCA Ethics Committee (WEC) is seeking new members to help them with their mission! The applications are open to everyone; it’s not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
What does the WEC do?
- Maintaining and updating the Code of Ethics.
- Ensures that all procedures followed by WCA Staff abide by the Code of Ethics.
- Performs independent investigations if any WCA Staff member is not compliant with said Code of Ethics.
- Confidant for Registered Speedcubers that request investigations.
- Functions as the board of appeal if any involved party disagrees with a decision made by the WCA Disciplinary Committee.
The official rights and duties of the WEC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2019.3.
The qualities and requirements expected of candidates are:
- Clear background
- Personal time management skills
- Ability to discuss reasoning and ideas
- Familiarity with WCA activities
The application period is open for applicants to submit their application documents from now until September 11th, 2019, 23:59 UTC to Callum Goodyear (email@example.com).
Candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- A brief personal introduction
- Summary of activities done within the cubing community
- Motivation for applying to join the WEC
Applicants can expect an immediate reply to confirm the receipt of the application, and may later receive a request to be interviewed. Anyone with questions about applying can contact Callum Goodyear (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After the application period, the WEC Leader will make a selection and the new members will be announced once applicants have accepted the positions.
Thank you for your candidacies and support!