The WCA Competition Announcement Team (WCAT) is seeking members to help them with our mission of announcing competitions!
The qualities of members we are seeking include:
- A sense of detail.
- Service mindedness.
- Sticking to protocol, and can help your fellow Delegates announce their competition in a reasonable time.
- Familiarity with the regulations and WCA Competition Policies.
The expected workload is 4-6 hours per week. More info of the policy of WCAT can be found here: WCA Competition Announcement Policy Version 2.0
As a WCAT member you would work on the following tasks:
- Reviewing and announcing competition submissions with accuracy and correctness.
- Handling change requests to competitions.
- Training Delegates to properly utilize the tools that WCA has for them.
- Partake in frequent votes for competition items that need approval.
Candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- A brief personal introduction.
- Summary of activities done for the WCA.
- Ambitions for the WCAT and why you are seeking to join.
Applications are open now until November 5th 2018 23:59 UTC to anyone interested in applying! The candidacy document must be sent to Henrik Aagaard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please pass this information on to anyone in your community that you believe would be a good fit for this new team. You do not need to have any current position inside the WCA to be considered.